symptoms (mgg)

📀 Next Thing You Know by Jordan Davis

The sun was shining through the curtains of your bedroom illuminating the empty spot on the mattress next you. It has been empty because the past couple of weeks Matthew was filming a new project, and his call time was usually pretty early. Sometimes you'd wake up just to see him for a few minutes before he'd leave. But then there were mornings like this one when you were so exhausted, you mumbled a quick 'love you, bye' before falling asleep.

You sat up in bed, stretching your limbs before walking into the bathroom where you brushed your teeth, and did your morning skincare routine. You couldn't help but being emotional over the fact that Matthew wasn't here this morning.

When you wandered into the kitchen, you made yourself a hot cup of coffee, using a new flavored creamer you'd picked up on your weekly Target grocery trip. The flavor you'd picked up had been salted caramel.

You poured the creamer into the cup before placing the bottle back in the fridge, carefully taking a sip of the hot liquid. After the first sip, you'd felt a wave of nausea come over you for the fourth day in a row. You didn't know if it was possible the creamer had spoiled, even though you'd checked dates on everything before using that item.

You ignored it as it would usually go away after a couple sips, and after eating a banana. However, today was a different story. The more you drank, the more it gagged you eventually leading you to run to the bathroom to empty the contents of your stomach.

For the fourth morning in a row, you puked into the toilet. After retching for a few moments, you muttered "what the fuck?" Before brushing your teeth and wiping your face clean with a cold washcloth.

The nausea seemed to go away as the day went on like it'd usually done. You began to let your mind drift elsewhere. Morning sickness, like one of the tell all signs of pregnancy. Though some people experienced it, and other didn't at all. You had never been the type to throw up, even when you were sick with stomach flus. If you could avoid throwing up, you'd try everything. This was different though, and you knew that.

Could I possibly be pregnant? It was the only thought running through your mind as you watched a re-run of Grey's Anatomy.

The possibility of pregnancy was definitely there. You'd married Matthew nearly two years ago. A few weeks prior to the wedding (and honeymoon), you'd had an OBGYN appointment. Just an annual checkup and exam. It was then that you'd talked to your doctor about getting pregnant. You and Matthew collectively stopped all forms of birth control.

You were honestly kind of upset that you hadn't wound up pregnant after your honeymoon. It was silly, and you knew that. A majority of your honeymoon had been spent tangled up in the sheets together while vacationing in the mountains.

There were times you had an inkling that you might've been pregnant, and you'd tested. Matthew and yourself did the whole sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for the test result to finalize. The result you wanted had yet to show. That was the first time you cried over pregnancy, or therefore the lack of. You'd felt so silly for crying, but Matthew was always there to reassure you like a husband should.