what if we just let Elvis marry us (mgg)

📀  Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley

📀 Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley

Ever since Matthew proposed months ago, you've been down the wedding planning rabbit hole. From bridesmaids dresses, to wedding cake flavors, the venue, and the time of year for the ceremony. You'd already had lots planned with the help of your mother, Matthew's mother and sister, and your best friend.

Most days it felt a little overwhelming, and today was one of those days. You were making sure all the details were perfect since you were a perfectionist. You were even begging your best friend for details of your own bachelorette party, but she wouldn't say a peep. Matthew had even helped plan the trip with your best friend, but he wasn't budging.

"I'm over wedding planning." You sighed dramatically, and landed on the bed. Matthew chuckled taking his eyes off the book he was reading to play into the dramatics. "At this point, I'm thinking we maybe we should've went with an elopement." You admitted with a pouty face as you looked at Matthew.

He looked so flawless just sitting with his back resting against the headboard, his glasses resting on his button nose, and his face effortlessly covered with stubble. This was how you preferred him. The truest form of Matthew.

Early on into the engagement, you'd played around with the idea of an elopement as your parent's had done at City Hall in NYC many years prior. However, you decided against it when your mom told you how much you'd regret not having a celebration as she often did. Matthew knowing you well also agreed with her, and therefore it was decided that a wedding would take place.

"Hmmm. Elvis marrying us doesn't sound too bad now does it?" Matthew snorted, before returning his attention back to his book.

"That's it!" You said as your hand came down on his thigh. "Ow! What's that look for?" He asked, a smile on his face too.

"What if, we did just let Elvis marry us?" You asked with an excited tone. You were now on your knees on top of the mattress, Matthew was looking at you like you were absolutely out of your mind.

"Baby, you've planned most of our wedding already!" Your fiancé pointed out.

"Okay, but I haven't even found a minister yet. We could just elope like we wanted too, cut out the whole ceremony and skip to the reception."

"Oh, you're serious." Matthew said which caused you to laugh.

"I'm dead serious, babe. I mean, you're literally from Las Vegas for god's sake! There's nothing that screams Vegas more than being married by Elvis."

"Okay, if I agree to it, what're you going to tell Madison and our parents?"

"Oh, they'll get over it."

Matthew couldn't stop smiling at you. He couldn't help but admit the idea was crazy but he liked the spontaneity of it. He was down for anything you were down for. This way you'd get the best of both worlds. You'd get your elopement, the privacy with just yourself and Matthew, and the ability to say you'd been married by an Elvis impersonator. Your family would still get their reception, the cake, a dress. You'd still let Madison throw you a killer bachelorette party. It was a win-win for all parties involved.

"Okay, fine." Matthew agreed, immediately causing you to crash your lips onto his. He placed his hand on you jaw, lifting your face for better access. "When is this taking place?" He asked as he pulled away from the kiss.

"As soon as humanely possible, I can't wait to be your wife." You said with a wicked grin, kissing him once more.

——————

The very next weekend, the two of you flew out to Matthew's hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada. The week leading up to the elopement Matthew must've asked you a million times if you were sure this was how you'd wanted to wed. You proceeded to assure him that you were positive.

Matthew was dressed in a black velvet suit completed with a black bow-tie. He looked so handsome it physically hurt. You dressed in white, of course. A white, long sleeve mini dress with a square neck line. Around the neckline there was pearl detailing. The shoes you'd picked were a pair of simple, white strappy heel.

The ceremony with Elvis was kept short and sweet, the two of you couldn't stop smiling. Though it wasn't "traditional", it somehow turned out to be everything you'd ever wanted. It'd definitely be worth it when your mother and best friend were scolding you for it later.

The photographer you'd hired for the photos would soften the blow. She'd managed to capture the cutest photos of you and Matthew to share with all our loved ones who weren't there. Shots where he couldn't stop looking at you were among your favorites.

Matthew smiled as he flicked through the wedding photos on his phone as you laid in the hotel bed. Your wedding night, in Sin City, and the two of you were in bed by eleven thirty.

"Hey babe, I know we said we weren't doing presents but I got you something." You said timidly. Matthew's eyes drifted to yours.

"Y/N," he started to scold. You stopped him right away. "It's not much, and don't worry about not getting me something. There's nothing else I could possibly want."

"Fine, but I kind of did get you something too. It's back home, and I'm going to need Madison's help revealing it."

"Matthew." You started to scold him, and he stopped you.

"It'll be worth the wait. Now, what did you get me?" Matthew asks excitedly, a smile on his perfect features.

You hand him a black covered photo book. On the front it reads 'To Matthew' in silver, cursive writing. As soon as Matthew flips to the first page, he quickly shuts it. His face turning the brightest shade of red.

"You didn't." He gapes earning a small giggle from you. "Oh, but I did." You say all sing song.

A couple weeks ago, you'd planned a Boudoir photo shoot with a photographer back home. You wanted to gift him the photo album on your wedding day. Inside the pages, you were dressed in white lingerie that Madison helped you pick out. It took forever trying to pick the perfect sets for the honey moon.

Matthew carefully opened the album back up and started to flip through the pages. You weren't sure his face could get any redder, but with each turn of the page, he proved it was possible.

"Oh my god." He said, his voice cracking as he looked to the last one. We'll just say it left little to the imagination. He was wearing grey sweatpants too, so it was too easy to notice the affect you had on him and his body.

"Do you like it?" You asked innocently, sitting on your knees next to Matthew on the mattress.

"I fucking love it." He said pulling you to kiss his lips. You'd known where presenting him with that album would go. Under his white dress shirt, you'd slipped on a set you'd purchased. When he'd buttoned the shirt, his eyes got darker.

"God, you're killing me." He whispered, his voice hoarse as you straddled his lap. He leaned forward pressing a kiss to your chest.