lover's quarell (sr)

"Goddammit Spencer, why did you do that? I had it under control

"Goddammit Spencer, why did you do that? I had it under control." You raised your voice as you picked yourself off of the floor and dusted the saw dust off of your black jeans.

"He was going to shoot you, Y/N!" Spencer yelled back, the vein in his forehead and neck straining as he stepped closer to you.

"When are you going to stop making decisions for me, hm?" You tested him stepping closer, his eyes nearly squinting as he tilted his head.

"When are you going to learn to stop acting so reckless? Taking your vest off was a smart decision wasn't it?" His eyebrow was raised at you, a smug expression on his face that was inches away from your own. His chest was rising and falling rapidly from the action moments before.

You'd taken your vest off in attempt to talk down the unsub. It was working up until the point that it wasn't. It was reckless, yes, but you'd never admit that to Spencer. Luckily, Emily & Rossi had been there to subdue the unsub from behind.

"Spencer, I can fend for myself, you don't have to worry about me." your voice still raised to your financé. Ever since he'd gotten out of prison, Spencer had been ten times more protective of you. At times you found it cute, sexy even, but at times the jealousy and worrying was overbearing more than it was endearing.

"I have the right to worry about you, because I love you, and no matter what I'll try to save you from whatever and whoever I can." Spencer said, his eyes softening as they landed on yours. That stirred something deep in your chest. His stare was so intense you that you shifted your gaze elsewhere. You happened to look down at your shoes, a pair of heeled black, leather boots. Your eyes happened to catch the sight of dark blood dripping down his arm, and around his wrist and hand.

Almost all of your angst melted away. He was hurt and that is what was important in this moment.

You took his hand into your own, "Babe, you're bleeding." You said looking at his arm, a little piece of fabric on his black button up shirt was ripped jagged and his skin had been pierced by the bullet. You ripped the sleeve off his shirt, and observed the wound closer.

"The bullet grazed your arm." You sighed, your brown eyes meeting Spencer's once more. His brows furrowed as he watched your expression change from anger to sadness. "I'm sorry about this," you spoke softly, your eyes pouring into his own.

"Hey, no, don't do that. This was my fault, not yours." Spencer said using his other hand to turn your chin to face him, his brows furrowed. "It honestly doesn't even hurt." He said as he looked at his bicep.

"That's the adrenaline talking. Come on, let me wrap you up." You said taking his clean hand in yours guiding him out of the warehouse.

When you arrived at the ambulance, you'd ask for a couple supplies since they were busy checking on the victims. Before your time in the Bureau you'd had extensive medical training and knew exactly how to patch this up. "Sit." You instructed, Spencer took a seat on the metal stair of the ambulance.

"Yes ma'am." He said as he watched you gather everything.

The wound was no bigger than a half inch wide, and not very deep at all. Certainly not deep enough for stitches, proper cleaning and bandaging would do just fine.

You poured a bit of hydrogen peroxide onto a clean gauze pad, "sorry, this might burn." You held the wet material to the wound and wiped carefully around the edges. Spence winced under your touch as he clenched his teeth but you continued on despite his reaction. Once you'd properly cleaned the sight and bleeding was minimized, you took a cotton swab with an antibiotic ointment and covered the grazing before covering it up with a thin layer of gauze.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked, still tending to his wound.

"You're mad at me, still." Spencer said, watching you intently. His eyes were so full of worry, but so much beauty.

"Am not." You said, your voice clipped.

"Are too. I've been a profiler longer than you. Remember?" You bring your eyes to meet his again.

"I wouldn't say that I'm mad, you're just stubborn Doctor Reid." You say as you finish wrapping up his arm. "Why are you so stubborn?" The question lingered in the air as you handed the medical supplies  back to the paramedics who were just wrapping up.

"Hey, you two," Prentiss approached you, "finish up here and meet us back at the precinct."

"Yes ma'am." Spencer and you said in unison as you stood side by side, your hands brushing. Heat rose to your cheeks as you looked to Spencer and then away from him.

"And guys," Emily cleared her throat, "as your friend, a lover's quarrel is not a good look on either of you..." she said turning on her heels and walking away.

"Y/N —" Spencer started to turn and face you.

"Spence, I need to say something."

"No, because I know exactly what you're going to say. You're going to tell me that I've changed, that I'm worrying too much about you, and that you're fully capable of handling yourself." He pauses, "right?"

You nod, couldn't have said it better if you tried.

"Honey, I know you are more than capable of handling things yourself. Hell, I was your partner years before I was your boyfriend, or even your fiancé. If there's anyone who can do anything, it's you, and believe me, I know that, and I know that I've changed. I am not the same boy, you fell in love with, but I think that I'm a better man because of it. The truth is I am so scared of loosing you, and I'm sorry I've been over bearing lately but it's the only way I know how to protect you. So forgive me,"

Your eyes met Spencer's and for the first time in a long time, you really saw him. "Promise me you won't try to take a bullet for me again?" You laughed as you looked at Spencer.

"Can't promise that," he hummed as you finally placed your arms around the back of his shoulders, locking them behind his head. "But I can promise to love you every day for the rest of my life." He says wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling him closer to him.

"That's cheesy, even for you, boy-wonder." You giggle, ruffling his hair, "but that's a promise I intend to keep, too." Your tone was more serious this time.

"Good, because I don't like when you're mad, it's scary."