lunch dates (mgg)

To say it'd been a long morning had been an understatement

To say it'd been a long morning had been an understatement. You opened the clinic this morning and from the moment you clocked in- every single thing felt like it was going wrong.

First it was being out of something important for opening the lab. Then it was rude patients. Not too long later you found yourself lost in a stack of papers needing to be logged. Not to mention, you also felt extremely anxious this morning.

Your hair was extremely unruly, thrown into a messy bun on top of you head, your skin was a sticky, sweaty mess and your scrubs were covered in unknown substances.

Finally after what seemed like a lifetime, you were dismissed on a lunch break and walked outside only to find Matthew's car parked next to yours. A smile immediately found its way to your lips.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" You asked opening the door as you climbed into the passenger seat.

"They let me out of set early today so I figured I'd buy us lunch." Matthew sat there with the cutest little grin as he pulled a container of sushi from a take out bag. "You don't know how much I needed this today." You sighed, leaning back into the passenger seat, plopping a piece of a California roll into your mouth.

"Something's wrong, what's going on?" Matthew asked, dropping his chopsticks onto the tray. He used his hand to gently turn my face to him, his finger hooking just under your chin.

"You really want to hear about my shitty, no good, very bad, day?" You raised a brow looking over at your boyfriend.

"Spill." He urged.

You spent a full five minutes just ranting about your day to Matthew, and he listened without interruption. He was always the best listener.

You went to finish your rambling, "in conclusion, I'm just stressed out beyond belief. Every single thing about today has been complete shit besides this, bedsides you."

Matthew's face softened at the last statement, and took your hands into his before offering advice like he usually did after your rambling.

"Well, let me say I'm sorry you're having a rough day." Matthew started, his warm, honey colored eyes pouring deep into your own. "But you should know that I think you're incredible. You make this world a little more wonderful, and I know it's hard but I also know you're so strong and can handle literally anything." He finished, a hint of a smile in his voice.

"Okay, you're gonna have me crying before I go back to work!" You said wiping a tear that had fallen during Matthew's pep talk. His thumb darted from the side of your face to your cheek where he'd dried the tear.

The two of you finished your sushi and talked a little more about potential weekend plans before it was time for you to head back into work.

"That's my cue." You said shutting off the alarm on your watch. "Thank you for this, seriously. I love you."

"You're welcome. I love you. Kick ass, you've got this." Matthew said as you stood outside the car door.