instagram official (mgg)

📀 Call It What You Want by Taylor Swift

"Oh my god, do I post it or not ?" You asked anxiously as you looked at the adorable selfie you'd just taken with Matthew.

"Sweetheart, I'm leaving this up to you. I want nothing more than to let people know you're officially off the market but if you want to wait, we'll wait." Matthew said with a subtle smile as he watched you stress over this. He has the same photo queued and ready to post on Instagram given the okay.

It was June of 2021, under a summer sky, when you'd fallen in love with Matthew. From the beginning of the relationship, the two of you kept the love you shared very private. Only a few important people knew, mostly family, and very close friends.

There wasn't any specific reasoning behind the secrecy besides your constant worrying about what people would say. Matthew was much older than you, which you didn't mind at all, but you knew it would be a topic of discussion. You constantly worried about what people thought of you, as well. Matthew had been photographed with some of the hottest models, and celebs- which you were not. You were the farthest thing from a model. You were the girl next door with a passion for vinyl, food, and nature. Your body wasn't stick thin and that of a magazine. You had curves and stretch marks and scars and breakouts. Your hair was often unruly and you could usually be found in thrifted clothing, usually oversized.

"Ah, god, I'm doing it, that's it. That's fucking it." You said as you tucked your dark, curly hair behind your ears. "Okay, caption ideas?" You sighed causing Matthew to chuckle. This was so amusing to him.

"I'm doing a simple heart, the brown one, your favorite." He said, quickly typing out your Instagram handle next to the emoji.

"Hmmm.... I've been singing that one Taylor Swift song, you know the one." 

"The one you sing every day in the car, right?" He sarcastically remarked.

"Exactly!" You exclaimed typing out the song title that related perfectly to your situation.

call it what you want to <3

It was a song you listened to often, by an artist you loved and looked up to you during much of your childhood into adulthood. Her lyrics to a ton of her songs related to how you felt about Matthew or feelings you felt towards your relationship with him. Call It What You Want was one you specifically related to him. There were so many lyrics that reminded you of him.

My baby's fit like a daydream, walking with his head down, I'm the one he's walking to.

I'm laughing with my lover, making forts under covers, trust him like a brother, yeah I know I did one this right, starry eyes sparking up my darkest night.

I want to wear his initial on a chain round my neck, not because he owns me, because he really knows me which is more than they can say.

You observed the black and white photo one last time. It was positively adorable. Matthew's face was smushed against your own as he smiled a toothy grin, you made a kissy face and your hair was a complete mess- but somehow it was all perfect. Maybe you were overthinking it, but to you, making it official was nerve wracking.

"Ready ?" Matthew asked as you quickly tagged his account @gublergram.

"Mhm." You said as Matthew gave a playful countdown. 

"It's done, we did it." You said ecstatically as you watched the likes, comments, and your follower count rise. "And how do we feel?" Matthew asked, he was playful about this whole exchange. He knew how much this whole ordeal unnerved you, but it excited him to let the world know you were taken.

"I feel like I've just spilled the biggest secret, although I've never viewed our relationship as a secret. I rather enjoy keeping it to ourselves, but I'm glad that if I feel like it I can casually post a picture of you and I and not be stoned to death." You rambled warning more giggles from Matthew. He'd never seen you like this, usually it was exactly the opposite. Matthew was the rambler, and you were the calm, well-spoken one. "But it doesn't even matter because nothing anyone says, negatively or positively will ever change the way I feel about you, babe." You finished, hand resting in Matthew's now. He pulls it to him, kissing your wrist.

You lay down next to your boyfriend whose cheek is resting in his propped up arm. He looks down at you, "at least now I get to brag about how you're all mine." He says causing you to chuckle as he leans down to kiss you. He places one hand lightly on your jaw, pulling you closer to him. You can feel him smile into the kiss which causes you to grin.

You have a hand on either side of his stubble littered face as you pull away. You admire him for a moment before kissing him quickly. "I love you, Matthew." You mutter.

"I love you, honey." He says as your phones ding over and over again causing you to chuckle, "you can look." He says, urging you to check the notifications.

You pick up your phone off the quilted bed and open the Instagram app. A big smile works it's way onto your facial features, Matthew laughs softly, "what is it?"

"Shemar commented on mine," you cleared your throat and read the message aloud. "you might be Gubler's now but you'll always be my baby girl. Poetic."

"Oh my god." Matthew face palmed as he falls dramatically onto the bed.