Paper

Once I pulled up to the driveway of the house Ace immediately grabbed a hold of my wrist.

"Who did it?" He questioned as he brushed his thumb over the now dried blood. "Some lady" I say as I pull my wrist back to me. "Which one?" he says as he raises an eyebrow. "The old lady in the last stall." I respond while putting the car in park.

I see him nod then reach for his phone. I roll my eyes at the sight and get out of the car.

Once I make my way in the house I get greeted by Odie.

"Hey big boy" I say as I scrunch his face up. I giggle at his now wrinkly face then pat his head.

"Do you have to go to the bathroom" I say as I tilt my head. "Come on then" I say, acting like he said yes.

I open the front door and he immediately runs out. Once I step out a slight breeze appears. "Burrr" I say.

Looks like it's getting close to December.

Once I see Odie did his business I called his name.

As he started to come to me I heard a door swing shut. Odie immediately ran over to the noise. "Odie come back" I whine.

The tips of my fingers were starting to become numb. "You're getting him" I yell out to Ace. Odie was already walking by Ace's side.

He rolls his eyes at my comment. After I saw that Odie was following Ace I quickly hurried back inside the house.

I'm in the mood for some hot chocolate. I quickly make my way to the kitchen and start to scavenge through all the cabinets in search of some mix.

"What are you looking for?" A voice says from behind me. I almost jump in surprise. "Uh I-" I stutter, not fully making out the voice from behind me.

Once I turned around my eyes fell on Fera. "Just some hot chocolate" I say as I give her a smile.

"Did I scare you?" she says. I see a smirk appear on her face as she says those words.

"No" I say as I drag out the o. She already knew she did so why not add a little fun to it. I see her smirk turn into a smile then she headed towards the first cabinet I looked in.

Once she opened it she pulled out a jar that held a brown powder. I frown at the sight. "Thanks" I say as I make my way over to her. "You can repay me by making me some too." she says as she winks at me.

I let out a playful sigh and take the jar from her hand.

Once I have all three mugs ready I grab one of them. I make my way out towards the living room where Fera was watching her movie. "Here" I say as I hand her the mug.

She smiles and takes it from my grasp. "Thanks" she says as she takes a sip. I hum in response and head back to the kitchen.

I grab the two mugs that I left on the island and headed upstairs.

I looked in my room and he wasn't there.

If he isn't in his room im drinking his.

Once I reached his cracked door I kick it open. "FBI open up" I shout.

I see Ace sitting in his chair. He quickly turns towards me and gives me a glare.

"Aren't you supposed to knock then say that" he says as he raises an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes and ignore his comment. He was right but it felt like the right thing to do.

I make my way over to his desk and place his cup down. "What is it" he asks as he eyes the mug. "Poison" I say in my best evil voice.

He looks up at me like I'm a crazy person. I take a sip of mine before he speaks. "What is it?" he says in a more demanding tone.

"Hot chocolate, jeez" I say as I roll my eyes. After my comment I see him pick up the mug and take a sip. Once he pulls the mug away he licks his lips. "Good right," I say. He nods and I make my way towards his bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask. "Work" he responds. His voice seemed annoyed. "It's your birthday, take a break from that." I say. 'Not as easy as it sounds" he says before writing down on some papers.

He was right. It's not as easy as it sounds but it's just one day.

I groan. "Do you need help?" I ask. He nods and without hesitation throws me a pen. It lands beside me and I pick it up. "If I have to fill out more than ten pages I'm done" I say as I get up and head over to his desk.

Once I'm close enough to his liking he pats a stack of papers. That's way more then ten.

"It's easy don't worry" he says while he continues writing.

I take a glimpse of the paper on top of the stack. Great, I have to fill out pages full of questions.

As I was about to write on the paper I feel Ace's arms wrap around my waist. He pulls me onto his lap the let's go.

I then hear him start writing again. His lap is comfy.

It is now dark and i'm almost halfway done with these.

"Alright I'm done" I say as I slam the pen on the desk dramatically. I then got up from Ace's lap.

I yawned as I did a big stretch. "Ace" I say in a sleepy voice. He hums in response. "What would you do if I died?" I say as I collapse onto his bed. I see him turn towards me. He eyes me carefully. "Do you want the truth?" he says while raising an eyebrow. I nod as I sit up.

"Nothing, because I'm dying before you," he said. I felt my heart ache at his words. I take a deep breath. "What if I died first?" I say tilting my head a bit. "You won't," he said with certainty. "My life isn't in your hands" I say as I point up to the ceiling. "It's in gods" I add.

I see him tense up. "Why would you ask that?" he asks. "It was too quiet" I say as I shrug my shoulders. He turns back towards his desk and picks up his pen. Before I collapsed back onto his bed I heard him clear his throat.

"I love you too much, I don't think it's possible to live a day without you here." He pauses and takes a deep breath. "So if you died I would too." she says.

"So you would kill your self?" I ask, staring at the ceiling. I hear him hum in response. "What if I wanted you to live?" I say. "You would be dead so it wouldn't matter," he said. "Yes it would." I say as I glare at him.

"If I told you I loved you then died right after would that matter." I say. Silence fills the room for a couple seconds. I guess he doesn't want to answer.

I feel like it's hard to speak about death most of the time. As much as you try and avoid it you know it will happen either way. It's inevitable.

I collapsed back onto the bed after sitting still for a while. "Goodnight" I say as I pull the covers over me.

When he doesn't respond like he usually does I look over at him. I see he is deep in thought staring at a plain space on the desk.

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

*Not Edited*