Surely Wrong

*Malia's POV*

One thing to count on is that happiness never is forever. As great as it feels it will always be ripped away. Either from something or someone.

*3 Months Earlier*

"Ace?" I whisper as a sound rings throughout the room.

I don't get a response.

"Ace" I ask again, this time I slowly open my eyes.

Reaching over to where he normally lays I feel a cold empty spot.

"Bitch" I say under my breath as I sit up.

Scanning around the room my eyes land on my phone. I groan, seeing it's on Ace's desk all the way across the room.

Slipping the covers off me I head towards the desk. Goosebumps form on my skin as I walk bare naked in the cold room.

Once I reach the desk I quickly grab my phone and press the answer button.

"Hello" I say as I bring it up to my ear.

A bang comes from the other line but no words.

"Hello" I say again, but still I get nothing.

"If this is some kind of prank call it's not funny" I say before hanging up and placing it back down on the desk.

Kids these days.

As I'm about to take a step away my phone starts to ring again. Ignoring it I head over to the dresser and grab one of Ace's shirts. Slipping it on the ringing finally ends, but then it reapers.

What the hell do they want?

Walking back over to the desk I snatch up my phone. I press the answer button and bring the phone up to my ear once again.

"What" I say into my phone, the person on the other line probably hearing my annoyance.

Again I get no response.

I bring the phone down but as I'm about to hang up I hear a mumble from the other line.

"What?" I ask as I bring the phone up to my ear.

"Malia," a half drunk voice says.

I freeze, a chill settles in my body as I let the familiar voice sink in.

"Dad," I stutter.

He shouldn't be able to call me, he is in jail so how is he talking to me and how is he drunk.

"Stay away from him," he says.

"From who?" I ask confused.

The line is silent for a second. "Mace" he finally says.

"Ace" I say quickly, correcting him. "And no, I will not stay away from him." I add, now getting pissed off.

"You will '' my dad says, his drunken tone getting more strict.

"I'm not your fucking kid anymore, I can take care of myself and surly make my own decisions." I say angrily before pressing the end call button.

"Fuck you" I say to my phone acting as if he was still on the other line.

I take a few breaths to try and calm me down but it doesn't work.

"Ace" I yell at the top of my lungs, pissed off that he hadn't told me my dad and most likely his had escaped.

I get no response. Stomping my way towards the door my eyes quickly catch sight of a blue figure next to the door frame.

Walking up to it I notice that it's a sticky note. Looking over the words I scoff.

Out for a bit, be back soon - Ace

He better be back. I scurry back to the desk and sit in his chair.

"I swear if you're not-" I start off by myself but am quickly cut off by my phone dinging.

Moving my eyes towards my lit up phone I see a number pop up with a photo attachment.

Kia, if you're trying to prank me it's not a fun time right now.

Picking up my phone I unlock it and press the image.

"What the fuck" I say quietly while I look around me.

The picture was of me not even a couple minutes ago sitting in this chair.

My phone dings again but this time from a different number. Clicking on it another photo pops up. This time it's Ace sitting in a building talking with some people.

As I exit out of the messages and get up to move I hear a bang. Looking next to me I see a bullet hole in the wall.

My phone then rings. Picking it up my dad's voice fills my ears again.

"As you see we have both of you so if I were you I would be dear and listen to me. That is unless you want both him and you to be dead by the end of the day." he says.

"As, if" I say as I look out the window for any sight of someone but I see no one.

"M, we have a lot of people on the inside, more than you think, so do the rational thing and listen" he says. His words sending a sudden chill down my spine.

M, out of all the nicknames I have, why did he have to call me that one.

I stay silent, not being able to think of anything to say.

Before anything rushed into my mind the silence was broken by my dad.

"I know you have a big heart M, why don't you put it to work now. Or shall I start the countdown?" He says, clearly being inpatient.

"Don't call me M" is the only thing that slipped out of my mouth.

Ignoring my comment I hear a shuffle then his voice floods my ear's.

"One" he said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Two" he adds.

"Dad -" I start but cut myself off by saying something else. "Stop, don't hurt him" I say quickly as I hear the word three start to come out of his mouth.

I hear a gunshot go off. I feel the bullet zoom past me before hitting the wall.

"Nine a.m tomorrow at home," he says before hanging up.

I scoff. First off it's my house and second if he thinks he can separate me and Ace he is surely wrong.

This book is coming to an end.

I want your guy see opinion on the new cover tho. Do you guys like it?

*Not Edited*