14; Nah, Not a Damsel in Distress

Please, kindly ignore the typos, I can barely keep my eyes open right now.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.

Love ya!!!

***

"I thought we were dead when he finally spoke to us" Yubin shivered along with his words as he hugged his body securely, from a chilling cold that travelled through his veins from the mention of that man.

"I actually did some research on Mr Wang..." Zhuocheng began and he watched as their ears suddenly became vigilant, leaning their bodies forward on their usual lunch table "Actually I found nothing from the internet apart from the fact that he's the CEO of Wang's Group of Companies, owning a lot to his name but I also found something else...." He paused staring at his friends, listening patiently yet eagerly.

"So... what did you find out?!" Xiao Zhan questioned, his patience running down to zero as Zhuocheng refused to open his mouth further.

He also did some findings on that grim person but the internet didn't provide anything useful apart from the basic information.

"He's a crime boss!" Zhuocheng used the simplest term in a whisper, making the others frown in confusion.

"A crime boss?" Xiao Zhan raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"He's a Don, the boss of the underboss and soldiers, he runs a freaking crime syndicate, The Fucking Mafia!!!" He whispered-yelled.

"How accurate is this information?" Yubin grilled.

"You know how my uncle is a retired cop? He got some information about a burnt down police station where some guy revealed the name of his boss, whom was shot dead on the spot for betraying the group. And Wang Yibo is the Don of that syndicate. I wouldn't had believed it if one of those men hadn't called him 'Don'"

"Your uncle told you this?" Yubin wanted to make sure and Zhuocheng nodded.

"If he's a criminal, shouldn't he be behind bars, how can such a person still roll around freely?" Xiao Zhan frowned.

Zhuocheng chuckled. "Don't forget he's your husband Xiao Zhan, you might turn into a widow if anything happens to him, especially now"

Xiao Zhan scoffed. "I wouldn't care, I still get half of his properties or maybe more" he verbalized and his heart fluttered at his own words.

"Nah, I don't think he will be dying anytime soon Xiao Zhan" Zhuocheng smirked knowingly. "Uncle said they can't arrest him because he's the most feared mafia, even the government is afraid to deal with him as he seemed to have his fingers wrapped around the president's neck, so they can't do anything, Uncle also said his whereabouts are unknown, the underboss makes all the transactions while he only steps in when the issue needs his attention"

Xiao Zhan smirked. "Your uncle should come to me, I'll direct him to his doorpost"

Zhuocheng shook his head. "You wouldn't want to do that. That man could easily snap our necks and wipe out our entire generation, no trace would go back to him, I do not wish to get on his bad side. Have you seen what he did to Chen and Jack? Chen has lost his tongue while Jack has both of his hands chopped off, don't forget they were also beaten to a pulp while Li Wei is dead, no one knows what happened to them except us. Please Xiao Zhan, for our sake and yours too, plus your family, keep your big mouth shut!!" He whispered.

"Whatever!" He rolled his eyes with a huff and crossed his arms over his elevating chest as he pulled his body back.

"" ""