36: Rage 🔞

The next day, Xiao Zhan was found outside, flourishing the little flower garden at the front of the little house, trying to be good just in case Mrs. Wang would like it, and stop gawking at him like that.

He scoffed, not that he wanted her acceptance in anything. He was only doing this out of his cordiality, yeah.

"Hi,"

Rapidly he turned and an enormous smile constructed on his lips as he saw the person. "Drake!"

Drake beamed, tucking his hands into his back pocket, baring out his broad chest and shoulders, Xiao Zhan tried not to stare.

"I saw you from my window and decided to say hi" he spoke. "How are you, I hope you didn't get into trouble with your husband yesterday, trust me, I didn't glimpse at your finger"

"So that means you wouldn't have helped me?" Xiao Zhan arched an eyebrow.

Drake shook his head before smirking. "I would have, I wouldn't have left such a pretty being stride under such hectic ray,"

Xiao Zhan couldn't tell if he was being prided or being trifled with. He chuckled. "Thank you and I didn't get into any trouble with my husband," he was jealous though and it was hot, he wanted to add but left the words rescinded on his throat.

"I'm glad, I..."

"Drake!" A high pitch voice suddenly squealed and Xiao Zhan swore he would go deaf if he listened to that voice for a minute.

Drake reeled his head at the owner of the voice coming to stand beside him, instantly clinging unto his arm like some paste.

Xiao Zhan looked away and went back to watering the flowers.

"Oh, Xiao Zhan. Is Wang Yibo inside?"

Instantly Xiao Zhan halted his movements, his jaw clenching while his grip on the water can tightened, and almost instantly, he wheeled with his tangible eyes, the atmosphere dramatically turning to stiffen around them and the smile on her face equally drop.

In a flash, Xiao Zhan yanked her forcefully by the arm, his eyes scowling, hurling with daggers, Qing Yang gasped at the sudden action, her eyes enlarged.

"What are you doing?!" She demanded, her voice coming out in a stampede. The person she was glimpsing now was completely diverse from the one she met days ago.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head, an ominous smirk playing on his lips as he stared at her like some scapegoat. "I have a temper sweetheart, don't get on my bad side. You don't want to see me hysteric because am Mad"

She struggled. "What's with you, I only asked for Wang Yibo?"

"My husband you mean" He nudged her and she fell on Drake's chest but at the moment, the front opened and Mrs. Wang walked out, catching a glance of the scene, she instantly rushed to Qing Yang's side while Xiao Zhan stepped back, holding the watering-can in front of him with his head lowered.

"What in heavens do you think you're doing?!" The elderly woman scolded while Qing gasped, noticing the bruise that had appeared on her upper arm. Her gaze sharply went to Xiao Zhan, pointing her index at him.

"You fiend, you bruised my arm!" She threateningly advanced but Drake held her back.

"It's just a misunderstanding"

"You are not only incapable, but you are also now trying to hurt the one that can give Wang Yibo all that he needs" Mrs. Wang huffed before pulling Qing Yang into the house, not forgetting to invite Drake for dinner.

Drake smirked at Xiao Zhan. "You were mean,"

Xiao Zhan scoffed, finally lifting his head, knowing the elderly woman had gone back into the house. "Bitch had it coming,"