39: Too Horny to Care

His eyes flickered between the chess broad and the fingers that pushed around. He stared but when it finally got to his turn, he realized he was trapped on both sides. Wang Yibo chuckled as he realized what he just got himself into before glancing up to find his grandpa with a mischievous grin.

"Ready to admit defeat, grandson?" The older man smirked and Wang Yibo chuckled once more, realizing he would lose in whatever angle he moved his chess piece to.

"How could you be so good at this grandpa?" Wang Yibo's mind was conflicted.

"Your first opening was what betrayed you, it's weak. Drink up, young man!" Mr. Wang laughed out loud, pointing at the bottle of alcohol and glass beside their table.

Wang Yibo sighed, admitting defeat as he took his fourth glass that night. Before putting it down with a loud bang, staring at his grandpa with a determined look. "Ready to give it another go?"

The older man chuckled before shaking his head. "No, you keep losing. It's not challenging. Your actions tonight make me wonder if you're still my brave grandson, are you starting to act like your brother?"

"Of course not!" Wang Yibo growled but it sounded more like a whiny brat in the old man's ears as he chuckled again.

"Alright then, we'll play one more. Buckle up young blood"

Wang Yibo nodded and once again, they started a new game.

While it was bliss on Wang Yibo's side, it couldn't be said the same on Xiao Zhan's part as the young man wiped his forehead with his forehand for God knows how many times before continuing to slide the onions, groaning as he felt his eyes getting teary once again.

"God, I hate onions" he murmured lowly under his breath but the woman behind him heard him almost too clearly.

"Don't you know how to do anything?!" She snapped, turning as she stood beside Xiao Zhan, who was chopping onions and other vegetables on the counter. "Can you even cook?"

"A few dishes?" The words came out more like a question than an answer. He just didn't know what this woman wanted from him. It had been days since they got here and it seemed like he kept getting on her bad side no matter how much he had tried to impress her. So far, Xiao Zhan was thankful she had stopped trying to wed Qing Yang off to Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan noticed how he hadn't been seeing the bitch lately.

Unimpressed with Xiao Zhan's answer, the woman huffed. "Just as I thought. Be quick with the chopping, I will be needing that"

Xiao Zhan pouted and moved a bit faster. Cooking wasn't his forte. He knew how to cook a few dishes just by watching his mother move around the kitchen but without his mother by his side, he choose to stay away from the kitchen because he was scared he would do something wrong. Xiao Zhan finished chopping the onions and got busy with chopping carrots till he felt two pairs of arms snaking around his waist from his back, making him jerk startled while Wang Yibo placed his chin on his shoulder.

"When will you cook for me, dear wife?"

Xiao Zhan flushed at the words. Wang Yibo might have called him dear wife a lot of times but it was different this time, it felt warm, right. His lips parted to speak but was cut off before he even started.

"That's if he knows how to make anything"

Wang Yibo chuckled.

"Are you making fun of me?" Xiao Zhan pouted, folding his hands over his chest, his work left forgotten.

Wang Yibo tightened his grip, putting him close. "Of course, not my love, I'll eat whatever you make, good or bad"

"You better keep your word"