27; Gala Party I

And once again, Xiao Zhan stared in astonishment, his eyes glittering  and gleaming with enthusiasm as he stared at the shining and glowing chandeliers, brightening up the entire hall with elegance, while passive and amicable music played in the background.

Xiao Zhan felt eyes lancing through his skull as he walked down the red carpet, his hand hooked into Wang Yibo's arm, who had an expressionless face while Cameras flashed from different places, nearly blinding.

Xiao Zhan eyes went around, he noticed who everyone was outfitted so exquisitely, no one stood out, the men were in a different colored tuxedo while the ladies in formal dresses, they all screamed refinement, Xiao Zhan bit his lips, wondering how he would fit in with this outstanding, potent people.

A place that had all the Mafia Dons in the underground, politicians, senators, all were high-class individuals while he was just a college student who needed bread and got married to a Don...so lucky!

"You're nervous" Wang Yibo asserted and Xiao Zhan nodded. "Don't be, just be yourself. Don't waver" Wang Yibo kissed Xiao Zhan's hair as they finally came to a stop.

Xiao Zhan smiled, feeling content. "I will behave" he leaned in and kissed the other's cheek, face flushing when Wang Yibo winked down at him.

"Well, well, well, isn't it the great Wang Yibo!" A voice shortly came behind them as they turned, Xiao Zhan found an unfamiliar couple in a blue suit while the lady was in a blue dress, her blond hair resting on her left shoulder while her eyes glittered.

"Hello Rico" Wang Yibo greeted in a jagged tone.

The man named Rico hissed dismissively, Xiao Zhan noticed he shared the same height and weight as Wang Yibo while his hair was a fading red and his eyes were grey. "What's with the attitude, do you not miss me Wang Yibo, it's been long since we saw each other and who is this cat?" his eyes ran from Wang Yibo to Xiao Zhan, his eyes scanning every feature and figure on his body, Xiao Zhan shifted uncomfortably from his burning gaze but gave a little smile.

"He's not a cat" Wang Yibo blunt.

Rico stepped forward and took Xiao Zhan's hand from Wang Yibo's arm, planting a kiss at the back of his palm. "I apologize if my words mortified you in any way but you remind me of my cat, fluffy and delicate and also smooth" he beamed widely, fondling Xiao Zhan's hand.

Xiao Zhan glanced at his partner, thinking she would be upset with his actions but he found her eyeing Wang Yibo from head to toe, a seductive smile on her lips, Xiao Zhan poked his inner cheek, feeling the green eye monster eating his insides while his throat tightening, Rico cleared his throat and Xiao Zhan's attention went back to him, he parted his lips to speak but Wang Yibo took back his hand and wrapped his arm protectively around his waist, Xiao Zhan tried not to blush too hard.

"Cute, too cute... don't you think the same darling?" Rico asked the lady beside him.

She scoffed bitterly. "He looks so vulnerable and hazardous, he'll never survive the underworld for long"

Xiao Zhan fought the urge to punch her pretty nose, who was she calling weak, he was anything but weak!

Rico's eyes went to Wang Yibo. "You still haven't introduced us Wang Yibo, I'm curious about who he is?" The naughty hint never for once left his eyes.

Wang Yibo rolled his eyes. "Rico, meet my lovely husband, Xiao Zhan, meet the asshole known as Rico"

"Pleased to meet you" Xiao Zhan let out in a light tone.

"Beautiful!" Rico commented, not minding the fact that he was called an asshole as his eyes scanned Xiao Zhan one more time. "Well, the night's only getting started. I hope to meet you again" he wrapped his arm around the lady's waist and walked away.

"Who's he?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"He rules over the Phoenix. Ignore him"

Xiao Zhan nodded, his eyes widened as he saw Mrs. Wang walking towards them in a short silver dress and silver heels, her blonde hair was sparkling so brightly under the chandelier while her steps were so solid and sophisticated and her face, a beautiful smile laid, Xiao Zhan couldn't take his eyes off her, she looked like a model walking down the red carpet, one might think she had never carried a child in her womb before.

"My baby!" She squealed, immediately enclasping Xiao Zhan. "I thought you won't come" she withdrew from the hug and kissed both of Xiao Zhan's cheeks.

Xiao Zhan gasped at her actions which she noticed.

"Get used to it My dear, don't be surprised if someone else does the same, you are now part of the higher class" she beamed before her eyes went to her stoic son, she frowned. "Can you smile a bit, your expression can wake the demised"

Xiao Zhan giggled at her words but Wang Yibo's expression did not change, he only gave her a blank look in return. "Where's your husband?" Bitterness dripped from his voice.

She ignored his tone. "He's around somewhere" she smiled at Xiao Zhan and took his hand. "Come, a lot of people wants to meet you" she began dragging him along with her.

"Wait!"

They instantly halted, She raised an eyebrow.

Xiao Zhan beamed gratefully before wheeling back, he went over to Wang Yibo and kissed his lips. "You're mine, don't forget that" he stated his claim.

And suddenly, Wang Yibo smiled, catching his mother off guard, watching as her stoic son wrapped his arm around Xiao Zhan's waist and slammed their lips together, she beamed widely, feeling proud, she clearly made the right choice for her son this time.

Wang Yibo pulled away and XiaoZhan groaned, chasing his lips. He chuckled. "My wife is so eager but don't worry, am all yours" he smirked and Xiao Zhan pecked his lips one more time before spiking back to Mrs. Wang, who immediately pulled him along with her, saying words that made Xiao Zhan bloomed brighter than a tomato.

Wang Yibo grabbed a glass from a passing server and gulped it down his throat before getting lost in midst of people, getting tangled.