47: Who's fault was it?

He waved his hand in front of her face, snapping his fingers a couple of times but earning a sharp glare. He smiled. "Mom"

Ms. Wang rolled her eyes and averted her gaze away from her oldest son, gawking at the blank wall of the hospital before asking. "Yoshi's dead, isn't he?"

Haikuan sighed, "He's badly Injured and has fallen into a coma, his left hand is gone" he replied, waiting to see her reaction but he got none, she continued glaring at the wall while her hands clenched tightly on the sheets.

"And Yang?"

Haikuan poked his inner cheek. Yang? His bastard of a stepfather, would he be called cruel if he said he was delighted that the bastard was gone? Compared to the others, he took the blow extremely which had divided his skull. Tsk, what a cruel way to die. "He didn't make it" again, he watched her reaction. It wasn't like she married the lunatic because she liked him, love wasn't even in the question. "Are you not going to ask about Wang Yibo? " He inquired expectantly but again, amassed another bitter scowl, her eyes flaring.

"Why should I, he has done nothing but ravages my life in one way or the other, why should I ask about him, he probably doesn't recall hitting me!" She raised her voice but hissed at a massive headache as her hand went up to her bandaged head.

"Wang Yibo is not well, you know that better than anyone..." He let out. "And you shouldn't have gotten between them like that!"

"You expect me to watch my crazy son kill my other son, is that it, Haikuan?" She sighed looking away once more, her glare gone, replaced with teary eyes. "He's getting worst, we have to send him back to the Sanitarium. He's mental, he's going to kill every one of us!"

"Wang Yibo has agreed to reschedule his sessions with Mrs. Adams, he will get better!" Haikuan assured.

"No, he won't get better. Therapy doesn't work, you know that, he belongs to a mental hospital. He's a monster!"

"Mom!" Haikuan raised his voice, putting a halt to her words. "That's your son!" He gritted through his teeth.

The woman let out a taunting laugh from her throat as her gaze drilled holes through Haikuan's face. "I lost Wang Yibo long ago..."

"And who's fault was that?" Haikuan stood up from the bed where he sat. "Who are you going to blame it on?"

Suddenly, her lips quivered, recalling the past as if it happened the day before. "I-i-I..."

Haikuan scoffed. "That's right Mom, it's your fault. You have no right to call him a monster after you did!"

"Your father and I had a fallen out!"

Haikuan shook his head. "That's not an excuse to leave your two sons when they needed you the most. If anything, Wang Yibo's condition got worst because of you!"

She apologized for what she did back then, but it wasn't enough, walking out on two little boys who needed their mother, ignoring their cries and pleading for her to stay but she didn't, she saw something better in Yang, cheating on their father when they were still married. Haikuan scoffed as he thought of the reason she left them. "You know what, mom, Grandma was right about you. You are nothing but a gold digger and you still are!"

She got married to their dad for the money and she left for the money.

Haikuan shook his head disappointedly before turning to leave, walking out of the hospital room but stopped in his track, his eyes landing on Wang Yibo who was standing feet away from the door, a bouquet of their mom's favorite flowers in his grasp. "Wang Yibo?"

Wang Yibo blinked, he took a step back. "I-I heard mom woke up, I got her favorite..." He scoffed as he stared down at the flowers. "...I don't think she will appreciate them now,"

Haikuan stepped forward, "Wang Yibo..., " He tried to explain but was chipped in.

"You don't need to explain, I understand"

"Come on, you know mom loves you. You were happy she came back," Haikuan gave a comforting smile.

"I was till she started setting up blind dates for me because Ann wasn't good enough," Wang Yibo sighed. "I should leave, my presence isn't needed," he shoved the flowers to Haikuan's chest. "Tell her, I'm sorry for ruining her life," Without waiting for a response, he turned and started walking down the hall, ignoring the continuous calls of his elder brother.

*~*

Wang Yibo rambled into his massive living room, he slipped off his coat and flipped it on a couch. He unbuttoned the first two buttons at the top before folding the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows. He fell back on the couch. He shut his eyes and began drifting off.

He refused to think. Thinking meant unnecessary feelings and at the moment, he wanted to be numb. He saw no point in thinking.

He remained still, blanking his mind, enjoying the newfound peace. However, his moment was interrupted by gentle taps on his cheek. His eyes immediately opened to find Xiao Zhan staring down at him with shiny brown eyes.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head. "You are back early, I thought you went to visit your mother,"

"She doesn't want to see me," He retorted.

"She's just upset, if she said anything harsh, don't take it to heart. She's your mom and am sure she loves you very much"

A small smile crept to Wang Yibo's lips as he leaned forward, pulling Xiao Zhan close and wrapping his arms around his middle. Wang Yibo rested his head on Xiao Zhan's flat stomach. "I feel much better, thank you!"

Xiao Zhan was the only good thing his mother has ever done for him and he would forever be grateful to her.

Xiao Zhan smiled, his hands going up to stroke Wang Yibo's hair.

"How's our little ball of delight?" Wang Yibo implored, now staring at the Xiao Zhan clothed stomach. He lifted Xiao Zhan's shirt, running his cold hands over his tummy, where their baby lay, resting.

Xiao Zhan chuckled. "That tickles and your hands are cold, are you coming out from the freezer?"

Wang Yibo beamed cheekily. "You can always warm me up,"

Xiao Zhan painfully pinched Wang Yibo on the cheek. "No haughty thoughts,"

Wang Yibo pouted, taking hold of Xiao Zhan's hand on his cheek. "I was thinking of cuddles, what did that nasty brain of yours cook up, you even pinched me," His gaze averted to Xiao Zhan's tummy, the pout on his lips not fading. "You see that, your mama was being mean to me!"

Xiao Zhan snickered, cupping both sides of Wang Yibo's face, leaning down till they were staring eye to eye. "You big baby,"

"You love me,"

Xiao Zhan's smile widened, moving closer as he pressed their foreheads together, their breaths trickling on each other. "I do," He responded. "So much too," He pressed their lips together savoring the addicting taste of those lips unhurriedly, sluggishly but that was his biggest mistake as Wang Yibo immediately broke the kiss, sniffing the awful smell lingering in the air.

"What's that smell?" He wondered out loud, knocking Xiao Zhan back to reality.

"FUCK, MY PANCAKES!!!" He yelled, already dashing towards the smoking kitchen.

Wang Yibo chuckled, standing up as he followed after his little wifey.

"Hey, I thought you didn't know how to cook?" He shouted and immediately received a response.

"Shut up, it was your fucking fault!"

To be continued...!

*~*

Don't you just love it when they are being lovely-dovey, I always forward to writing chapters like this.

☺️☺️☺️😍😍😍