Memory Make 101

The next day I began my training with Rufus. "Listen up because I won't repeat myself twice. The comcept behind Memory Make Magic is to memorize your opponents movements along with their magic. I'll give you an idea of what I'm saying, Sting would you care to help me out?" A tall man with blonde hair came up from behind me, "Might as well, I've got nothing better to do anyways." He said. "Let's start off with something easy. Show us one of your basic attacks." Said Rufus, Sting walked up to a large boulder and stood still for a moment, and then, "White Dragon Punch." He shattered the boulder in one hit. "What'd you think of that newbie?" He said as he walked up to me.

"Not bad for a demonstration." Said Rufus. "There's no way I'd be able to do something like that." I said. "Well of course not, I am a dragon slayer after all. But if you learn Rufus' magic well then maybe you might have a shot." Rufus walked up to me, "So did you see how he preformed his attack? How he concentrated and moved his body for the attack? That is the idea behind Memory Make. Concentrate on the casters movement and concentration on their attacks, once you feel it and remember their movements it should come easy to you." I walked up to a boulder, "I'll try my best. I can do this."

I concentrated and remembered what Sting did, wound his arm back, moved his right foot back a bit and then, "White Dragon Punch" I hit the boulder, but failed. "Shit!" I shouted as I soothed my hand. "Nice try, but you could have done better." Said Rufus, "Again." I heard Stings' laughter from behind me, "What a joke, why are you even wasting your time on this guy Rufus? He's never going to learn your magic and become a wizard, let alone a strong one."

I yelled at Sting as I clenched my fists, "I can do this! I have to, it's the only way to achieve my goal, this is all I have left in my life, I have to do this, for me and her." Sting looked at me for a moment, "How pathetic, you say you want to become strong and a somebody and yet, you can't even concentrate and put enough effort into making it happen. If you can't make that happen you shouldn't even be able to learn magic. I'm sure "She" would be disappointed in you." He said as he chuckled. "Shut up! You don't know what your talking about, I can do this!" I shouted, "Just you watch!" Sting backed away with a smug look, "Well by all means, prove me wrong." He said with a small chuckle.

I concentrated again and remembered Stings' movements the concentration he had, then for a split second, I remembered the day I met master Makarov, "I made a promise with Lucy that I'd learn magic to become a part of Fairy Tail. But I broke it and gave up on my dream. Knowing she made it here gives me a new hope to finally fulfill my dream and finally join Fairy Tail. Well then it seems you have a long journey ahead of you if you want to fulfill your dream. You'll always be welcomed here when you decide your ready, magic or not." I felt a deep feeling like never before, could this have been the feeling of love from a true family? With the help of this feeling I concentrated even harder.

Remembering Stings' attack I attacked the boulder once more, then, "White Dragon Punch" the boulder shattered into rubble. "Well well well, second try and he nails it with new found courage and concentration, not bad for a beginner if I do say so myself." Said Rufus as he clapped. "Hmph, not bad rookie looks like you might actually be a man of your word, you sure showed me." Said Sting. "Well now that we've gotten the celebration out of the way let us continue." Said Rufus. "This is just the beginning of your training Jay, from here on out things will only get trickier. If what little faith and courage you have left of yourself, I suggest you hold on to. Now then let us continue, Sting by all means feel free to really unwind, now is the time to really show your true worth and determination." Sting chuckled, "Well kid, you better brace yourself cause now, it's go time." I smiled smugly, "Bring it, White Dragon." Sting laughed, "You've got balls kid ill give you that, but don't be so sure of yourself." Then in that moment, "Begin!" Said Rufus.