Nala Cromwell

(Thanks a lot to my friend for bringing Nala to life lol)

Following my previous episode from before I decided to keep myself busy by taking up a job request, finishing up my drink at the bar, I made my way to the bulletin board. Different jobs ranging from helping a client find a missing or stolen item, to helping a town having trouble with bandits or thugs, I decided to look for one that would give me a chance to clear my thoughts. The job I ended up picking was protecting a goods caravan as it made its way back to Crocus, reports of robberies along the way meant I had to travel with the caravan as it made its way from Magnolia to Crocus, taking the job post I turned around and made my way back to the bar for a quick drink before heading home to gather supplies.

Arriving at the bar I was greeted by Natsu, "Hey Jay, I see you picked up a job request?" he said. "Hey Natsu, yeah had a bad situation the day before so I figured I could use some "me" time." I said. "What happened?" said Happy. "I don't feel like talking about it, but I'm hoping this job will help me forget." I said. "Well if you want some help, me, Happy, Lucy, Gray, and Erza can come along?" said Natsu. "Actually I'd rather do this on my own, besides I just have to protect a caravan from thieves and if I run into any trouble I can handle myself no problem, I've had my share of trouble every now and then, and look at me safe and sound." I said. "Well, alright but just be careful, you are going by yourself after all." said Natsu. "Aye." said Happy. "Always am, I'll see you guys when I get back." I said finishing my drink, "I gotta head back home and gather some supplies before I leave." I said standing up. "See ya Jay." said Natsu. "Bye." said Happy. "Later guys." I said heading out the doorway.

When I got home I gathered all the essentials I'd need for the journey, after finishing up I sat down for a bit pouring myself a drink. A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door, I got up to answer when I saw Lucy standing in the doorway. "Hey, mind if I come in?" she said. "No..come in." I said leading her in. "Thanks." she said. Making our way to the living room I offered her a seat, "Sit down." I said. As she took a seat I sat down across from her, "So...what's up?" I said. "Well..I just wanted to talk about the other day." she said, "Why did you ignore me, what happened?" she said concernedly. "Can we not talk about it, I know how I treated you was wrong and I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry." I said. "It really hurt me you know, I mean after seeing you just walk out and not being able to do anything, it made me feel awful." she said. "I didn't mean to hurt you I just had to get away from the guild for a while after what happened I just didn't want to be around anyone, I didn't mean to be so cruel to you you're my only friend after all Lucy, I'm sorry." I said. "If something was bothering you, you could have just came to me for help and I would have tried my best to help you out." she said. "I just didn't want to be an inconvenience to anybody." I said.

"But that's what friends are for, they talk about they're problems with each other no matter what and try their best to help." she said, "or do you not see me as your friend anymore?" she said with a sad look. "Can we finish this when I get back, I have to leave for a mission." I said. "Just tell me if we're still friends or not." she said. "I have to get going." I said heading to the door. "Let me go with you so we can talk." she said. "I'm sorry Lucy but I just need to be alone for a while." I said. Without another word Lucy turned around and began walking away. "Lucy." I said calling for her, "Lucy?" I called once more. Ignoring my calls she continued walking, "Way to go Jay, you might have just lost the only friend you ever had." I said to myself.

After meeting up with the client we began our walk to Crocus, it would take 3 days for us to arrive which meant I had plenty of time to think about what happened between me and Lucy. The following morning things went smooth without any trouble, the caravan had stopped for a bit to rest for a while before moving on. Taking a break I sat underneath the closest tree for some food and meditation, the caravan driver made his way towards me, "So, got something on your mind do ya?" he said. "How can you tell?" I said as he sat down next to me. "Seen it all before, every now and then you can always tell when a man has a something bugging him, sure enough there's always a dame involved, plus you haven't said a word since we left Magnolia." said the old man. "It's just..it's a long story." I said. "Kid, it's gonna take us another day before we reach Crocus, I think we have enough time." he said lighting his pipe. As time passed I told the man about Juvia and my feelings about her, I mentioned the lunch we had the day before and about our discussion, the last thing I talked about was the conversation me and Lucy had before leaving Magnolia.

The man had stood quite the whole time I talked and finally with a loud sigh he said, "Well, sounds to me like this girl really has quite a hold on ya, you know back in my youth I went through the same thing and do you know what I did?" he said. "What?" I answered. "I didn't let it get me down, I kept my head up high and went on with my life, sure it seemed impossible the next few days but with the help of my friends and family I enjoyed the rest of my days knowing they'd always be there for me even on my toughest days, sure we all want the ideal love we've been searching for, but we don't always end up with what we want, just knowing there's other people to help and support you can be the ray of light you need on your bleakest day." he said. "Wow, I never thought about it like that." I said.

"Now despite what happened between you and your friend, make sure you make things right, after all we only let so many people into our lives and sooner or later we end up losing them wether we like it or not." he said emptying his pipe. "You know, You're right, I have to apologize to Lucy once I get back." I said. "Well, come on now, best keep moving before it gets dark." said the old man getting up. "Right." I said picking myself up. Continuing our travel I thought about what the old man said, I knew once I got back I had to make things right with Lucy. Losing light soon we pulled over to the side of the road and decided to start up again in the morning, setting up a campfire I laid on the ground next to it feeling its warmth, staring up at the sky I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next day we were just a few hours outside of Crocus when the old man said, "Looks like we made it without any trouble." Having the feeling of being watched I told the old man to stop for a minute, "Not quite, don't move." I said. Concentrating on my surroundings I listened for a few seconds, after a while I knew there'd be trouble. "Alright come on out, I know you're out there!" I said aloud. "Aren't we clever." said a mysterious voice. "What do you want?" I said. "Isn't it obvious, I want the caravan along with anything else you have." said the voice. "Not happening, but if you want to try and take it, then by all means." I said. "Gladly." said the voice with a finger snap, suddenly a group of thugs jumped out from out of the trees and bushes ready and armed, we were surrounded. "How about we try this again, hand over everything you have and I promise you won't get hurt." said the voice. "Now thats just bad manners, you didn't even say please." I said. "Fine, if that's how you want to play it, then be my guest, get him boys!" said the voice.

At that moment two of the thugs rushed towards me, with an attack from my White Dragon Punch I took them both out, from behind me two more thugs charged at me ready to attack, as they swung they're weapons at me I dodged in time countering with a Shadow Dragons Slash attack. Seeing they're fellow friends get beaten down, the rest of the group rounded up their fallen and made their escape. "You cowards get back here!" yelled the voice. "Not much of thieves, are they?" I said sarcastically. "Ugh, never send a man to do a woman's job, fine then looks like I'll just have to finish you off myself." said the mysterious voice.

Making her way down from atop a tree a mysterious woman appeared, "You don't look like much." said the woman. "Either you're more than just a caravan guard or those loser really are weak." she said. "Well, what do you think?" I said. "Hmm..Who are you?" said the woman. "The name is Jay Hisoka," I said raising my hand, "and I'm a Fairy Tail wizard." With a sly laugh the woman said, "So that explains it, besides being scaredy cats I had a feeling my guys wouldn't stand a chance against you, you had a certain "look" to you." With a smirk I said, "I'm flattered, but who are you?" Taking a step closer the woman said, "I am Nala Cromwell, leader of Burning Shadows, or at least I was 'till you scared off my men." she said. "Burning Shadows, why do you call yourselves that?" I said questioningly. "How about I show you?" she said rushing towards me.