Exceedmas (Special #1)

A beautiful blanket of snow covered the town of Magnolia, winter had finally arrived which meant everyone in town and at Fairy Tail began preparing for the following wintry days. The sound of friendly chatter filled the guild hall as friends and family began to make plans for the cold, at a nearby table Lucy, Natsu, and Erza discussed the plan for the rest of the day, "I can't believe it's finally winter." said Lucy, "I just love the way the town looks after a long day of snowing, it's so peaceful and beautiful." she said. "I hate the snow, it's too cold for me." said Natsu, "I'm not like a certain 'someone' who specializes in that area." he said. "Maybe if you covered up a bit more you wouldn't be as cold." said Lucy. "I for one enjoy this time of year, nothing beats the cold weather than a strawberry short cake from the local bakery." said Erza happily. "How did I know you'd say something like that?" said Lucy, "So, what's the plan for today?" she asked. "I plan on going to the bakery for a strawberry cake." said Erza. "No surprise there." said Lucy, "What about you Natsu?" she asked. "I'm gonna take a nice hot bath and enjoy some hot chocolate at your place." said Natsu smiling. "Why do the two of you have to shower at my place!?" said Lucy.

Noticing the small blue cat wasn't around, "Hey Natsu, where's happy?" asked Lucy. "Oh, I'm not sure, he must be around town doing something, I haven't seen him since this morning." said Natsu. "Do you think he's ok?" said Lucy. "I'm sure he's fine." said Erza. "Ezra's right, I'm sure the little guy might be out looking for some fish, kinda hard to go fishing when half the lakes and rivers are frozen over." said Natsu. "I hope so." said Lucy sounding concerned. "If it'll ease you down a bit we'll ask Wendy if Carla's with him." said Lucy. At that moment Wendy had approached the rest of the group, "Hey everyone." said Wendy. "Hey Wendy." said Natsu. "Hello." said Erza. "Hey Wendy, what's the matter you look a little worried?" asked Lucy. "Actually I came to ask you guys if maybe you've seen Carla around, I haven't seen her since the morning?" asked Wendy. Shocked, "Actually we were just gonna go and ask you if maybe Carla went somewhere with happy, I haven't seen him either since the morning." said Natsu. "Still think he might be fine?" asked Lucy. "Either way we've got to look for them both, worried or not." said Erza. "Maybe Gajeel knows where they are, maybe Pantherlily's with them." said Wendy. "Only one way to find out, come on." said Natsu. Arriving at the bar Natsu asked, "Hey Gajeel, have you seen Happy and Carla around, we thought maybe they both went somewhere with Pantherlily?" asked Natsu. "Let me guess you haven't seen them since the morning either, right?" said Gajeel. "How did you know?" said Lucy. "Because I haven't seen Lily since then either." said Gajeel. "This is all seeming a bit strange." said Erza.

Suddenly the doors to the guild opened up, "Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel." said a voice, as the two people made their way to the group it was clear who it was, "Sting, Rouge, what are you guys doing here?" said Natsu. "We came here to see if maybe Frosch and Lector might be here." said Rouge. "We've been looking all over for them but couldn't find them, we thought maybe they might have come here to see Happy and the rest." said Sting. "Were they also missing since the morning?" asked Gajeel. "That's just it, we haven't seen them since yesterday." said Rouge. "I don't like how this sounds anymore." said Lucy. With a serious look, "So, it seems all of the Exceeds are missing?" said Erza. "We have to look for them, what if they're in trouble or something?" asked Wendy. "Don't worry, we're gonna find them no matter how long it takes." said Natsu. "We'll help you too." said Sting. "With all of us it shouldn't be so hard, especially with 5 Dragon Slayers." said Lucy. "Right, let's go." said Erza. As the group left the guild their search for the Exceeds began. Searching left and right Natsu, Wendy, and Lucy called out for their friends, "Happy, Carla, Lily, where are you guys!?" said Natsu. "Lector, where are you!?" called Sting. "Frosch, where'd you go buddy!?" said Rouge. "Carla, can you hear me!?" said Wendy.

After a few minutes of searching Natsu and Lucy ran into Nala and Cana, "Hey Natsu, hey blondie, what's up, what are you guys up to?" asked Nala. "Nala, Cana, hey, have you guys seen Happy, Wendy, or Pantherlily, we've been looking all over for them and can't find them, we're really worried about them." said Natsu. "We haven't seen them around all day either." said Cana, "but we did see another Exceed walking out to the forest earlier, maybe if you hurry you can still catch up to him and see if he knows anything." she said. "Really, come on guys lets see if we can find him." said Lucy as the group made their way outside of Magnolia. Looking for the Exceed, "Anyone see anything?" said Erza. "Nothing yet." said Wendy. "Hey you guys look at this." said Lucy pointing at the ground. A trail of footprints lead into the forest, "This must be the Exceed's." said Natsu, "come on let's see if we can catch up to it, I bet he might know where Happy and the rest are." Following the trail the group made their way into the forest in hopes that they'd find their fellow friends. Arriving at a clearing the group looked around for the Exceed, the small set of prints had stopped in the middle of the clearing, as the group looked around Wendy had noticed something, "What's that sound?" she said.

A small sound of chatter could be heard from a few feet away, "Do you think that could be them?" asked Wendy. "Only one way to find out, come on." said Gajeel. Coming up to a small, quaint, house the smell of food wafted through the air, "Maybe they're in there." said Lucy. "Happy, Carla, Lily, I can smell them, they have to be in there." said Natsu smelling the air. "I can smell Lector too." said Sting. "And Frosch." said Rouge. "That settles it then let's go have a look." said Erza.

Walking up to the house the group knocked on the door, as the door opened a familiar face greeted the group, "Natsu, guys, what are you doing here?" said Happy. "Happy, there you are, we've been looking around for you all day." said Natsu hugging him. "Happy, are Carla and Lily with you?" asked Wendy. "Of course, it wouldn't be much of a holiday if we weren't all together." said Happy. "Holiday?" said Lucy questioningly. "All?" said Erza. "Come in and we'll tell you guys everything." said Happy leading the group in. "Carla!" said Wendy running up to Carla. "Lily!" said Gajeel running to Lily, after a brief hug clearing his throat, "I mean there you." said Gajeel. "Sting!" said Lector running up to hug sting. "Lector, there you are, I've missed you buddy you had me worried." said Sting hugging Lector. "Frosch thinks so too." said Frosch. "Frosch, I missed you my little buddy!" said Rouge hugging Frosch tearing up. "Well it looks like everyone's here, but what's going on?" said Erza. "Why were here to celebrate Exceedmas, one of our most important holidays." said Nichiya.

Turning around, "You're here too!" said Erza shocked, "Oh no, then that means...." Walking in through the door, "What a lovely parfume there is here, that can only mean...." seeing Erza Ichiya made his way to her, "Ah my dear Erza, what a lovely coincidence for use to meet like this, fate must have a plan for us after all." said Ichiya. "What are you doing here?" asked Erza. "Why I'm here to celebrate Exceedmas with my fellow friend." said Ichiya. "We aren't the only ones here." said Happy, "look." From the other side of the room friendly faces had come to greet the group. "It's nice to meet you again Fairy Tail wizards." said Samuel. "Hey it's Sammy." said Gajeel. "Please don't call me that." said Samuel. "That's right Sammy's here to celebrate Exceedmas too." said Lily putting his arm around him. "It's nice to meet you all again." said Nadi. "Twitchy arm cat, it's nice to see you again." said Natsu with a smile. "My name is Nadi." said Nadi. "It's very nice to see you again Wendy." said Shagotte. "Shagotte, it's so nice to see you again!" said Wendy hugging her. "So, who are these people?" said Lucky. "These are my friends." said Happy. "Friends, huh?" said Lucky. "It's very nice to meet you all." said Marl. "Yeah, I guess." said Lucky. "Happy, why is everyone here? What's going on?" said Lucy. "We're celebrating our annual Exceedmas." said Happy. "Is that why you were all missing?" said Erza. "We didn't mean to worry all of you." said Lily. "We were just excited we forgot to tell you guys." said Lector.

"Why all the excitement?" asked Rouge. "Well after all that happened before back in Edolas, after all the Exceeds were brought to Earthland we were able to be with each other again and celebrate together." said Carla. "You could have given us a little heads up though, I mean we're all friends right?" said Sting. "Well since we're all here, how about we join in and celebrate with you guys?" said Natsu. "We'd all love that." said Shagotte, "after all the most important thing about Exceedmas is being able to celebrate it with all your friends and loved ones." said Shagotte. "Well now that we're all here how's about we Join in guys?" said Gajeel. "Well here's to all of us being together!" said Natsu. "Here's to being together! Happy Exceedmas everyone!" Cheered the group.