Chapter 7: I Want A Prince

When I entered the library, I saw Ray standing, holding a thin book in his hand. I don't know what type of book is that but the cover looks beautiful.

Well, as you can see, in my previous life I don't really like reading books unless it's a romance book or fantasy book. That's why I kinda envy the kids on this orphanage because they seem to like reading books...

Sighs.

I almost forgot. Ray doesn't really like to read books.

Ray immediately glanced at me when he noticed my presence. I gave him a toothy smile, but he only raised his brows. He immediately closed the book in his hands, "Took you long enough," He said. 

I went to the chair who was beside him, "What is that book?" I asked. I carefully seat on the chair as I wait for his answer. Seconds passed by but Ray remained silent, however, he carefully placed the book in front of me.

"I haven't read it yet, but I think it's a kiddy story for young girls," He replied. 

I slowly took the book in front of me. I almost felt cringe when I read the title, but I did not let Ray see it. "Cinderella," I read the title out loud. A loud laugh almost escaped from my lips.

This is cringe, I did not know that a storybook-like this will end up in this library. Grace field is still an orphanage after all. It's understandable. "Don has read this book for me once," I lied, "The book is kinda cool because a pumpkin became a carriage." 

"It's ridiculous," He replied, which made me frown.

Try to tell that to a real young child who loves fairytale books. She will literally complain and cry while hitting you.

"You're an idiot," Ray said to me. I raised my head and took a glance at him. "You said you wanted to survive, yet you're not doing anything to survive." There was a deep frown on his face. "Do really want to live?"

"How about Ray? Do you want to live as well?" I asked. I saw him became stiffened when I asked him that question. "When Ray told me that I need to improve my test results, I found out that they are choosing their next chickens according to our grades, but if I improve my test then who will replace me as the new chicken for the demons?"

I saw him clenched his fist. "Is that even important? The important thing is you survive!" He said. But I ignored him.

"I know that Ray knew these things earlier than me. Ray is smart, I am sure that he is planning something to survive. You would not want to survive longer if you don't want that," I said.

I raised my three fingers at his face while showing it to him. "Ray, Norman, and Emma are the big three. You can use Norman and Emma for your plan because they are extraordinary." I said, "And since they don't know anything about the demons..."

I closed two of my finger and pointed my index finger at myself. "If I got shipped out, you can use Conny to make them know the truth, and since they are old enough to know about it, they will immediately understand it," I said while making myself sound like a genius. "That's my theory."

Ray became dumbfounded while listening to me.

What I said to him is intentional, I did it so I can stimulate some of his emotions. It is easier to ask for his help if I made it this way. 

"You're really acting dumb all along, but you're still stupid," He said. There was a dark expression on his face. "You have this theory on your head and yet you're still trusting me, what will you do if I will really use you for a plan?" He asked.

"What is one life if it can save a lot of it?" I asked. "But I know that you won't be able to do it anymore. Ray told me that I am not that dumb and I also wanted to live!"