Chapter 45: Norman's Decision

Gracefield Orphanage

"Darn it," Ray mumbled as he covered his face using his arms. His ears perked when he heard footsteps coming in his direction, he immediately recognized the owner of those steps.

"What are you doing here?' Ray asked.

A boy with platinum hair smiled.

"How have you been? Emma noticed that you've become gloomier these days," Norman stated as he sat on Ray's bed. "It started since the day that Mom called you to her office. What did she tell you?"

Ray made a gap in his arms as he glanced at Norman. A frown appeared on his face when he saw the smile on Norman's face.

"Nothing much," Ray replied using his normal tone. "She just asked me your whereabouts. I think she already has an idea of the plan," He supported his body to sit as he glanced at Norman. 

"Be ready, the next announcement of the shipment is coming," Ray warned trying to hint at Norman.

In other words, Ray is trying to tell them that they need to escape before the shipment.

Norman closed his eyes when he heard it.

The boy took out a familiar notebook.

"Everything that you told me is within the scope of Conny's notebook's probability," Norman told to Ray as he stands up. "Amazing and mysterious, isn't it? It's like this notebook knows the future."

 A calm but mysterious smile appeared on Norman's face.

"But Ray," Norman mumbled with an intimidating tone. "Not everything will be written in this notebook." Norman lowered his gaze. 

"You are my spy, aren't you? Then why are you keeping a piece of information to me?"

Norman stared into Ray's dull eyes trying to search for an answer. If there is someone who knows how Ray's brain works, it will be Norman.

Ray smirked as he fought Norman's piercing gaze.

He already knows where this conversation is going. 

Norman won't be satisfied with his half-baked answer, after all, even small information would be necessary for their plan. 

However, Ray might be Norman's spy, but there are things that should be kept as a secret.

Norman took a deep sigh when he noticed Ray's gaze.

"It has something to do with your current behavior," Norman stated after crossing his arms. "Just you know, Emma is not the only person who is worried about you."

Ray's eyes went wide. 

He was caught off guard.

Worried, huh?

He doesn't even know if Norman is using the 'Friend' card to make him say something, but, Ray also knows that Norman is also sincere with his words.

"Do you really want to know?" Ray asked with a smirk on his face. 

Normal let out a calm smile on his face.

"I do," he calmly replied.

Ray's expression became dull as he heard Norman's answer. He is aware of Norman's mental strength, and he surely knows how Norman will react. 

However, if Ray could keep the sorrow to himself, then why would he tell to Norman?

He won't tell him.

Norman might have an idea about it, but Ray won't tell him.

Ray won't tell him a lie...

'It only means that she is alright.'