Chapter 26: Cruel Path

My hands were still trembling after I finished the 'Test' that Peter Ratri gave me. I keep gritting my teeth as I tried to control my emotions.

He made me do such a cruel thing. I know that I only have to arrange things in that paper. But guilt is eating me because I know that data that I arranged will be used on this farm. It means that I indirectly shipped them out.

I know that it was only the start.

From now on and for the next few days, I will be forced to do cruel things to survive. Being a Mom in training isn't that easy. I succeed in becoming a trainee but my future position wasn't secured because of this.

There will be a time where I need to be cruel. There will be a lot of schemes and betrayals in that place. I can't attach myself to anyone as I did in Gracefield Orphanage. But I hope that the day where I need to sacrifice someone won't come.

The path that I choose is cruel.

I wonder if this is what Ray felt when he used the other children for his plan's sake. He wanted to save them but he knows that he can't.

"You did a good job. Dad is proud of you," Peter Ratri told me as he patted my head. "I never thought that Isabella has raised another special child like you," he said. My eyes fell to the ground.

Disgusting.

I bit my lips before clenching my fist. "Did I pass?" I asked him.

Peter glanced at me with a smile on his face. He grabbed my left hand as he shakes it. "Congratulations my dear Child," he said. "Your answer exceeds my expectation. I hope that you can cooperate with me in the future."

I passed.

I glanced at the 'Vida' flower in my hands.

"Okay..." I uttered.

Just wait, Conny. You just need to suffer a little bit more. The day where you can slap this man's face will come.

I know that Peter Ratri is smart. However, This narcissist wasn't smart as Norman or Mama Isabella. He is manipulative. I don't know if I can outsmart him, but when the day comes, you should pay.

Once that you lose your power.

I won't let have an easy death.

"Should I bring you to your Grandma?" Peter Ratri asked me. I only nod my head as an answer. He rose from his seat as he went in front of the door. "Follow me," he said.

I jumped out of my seat as I followed him outside. I scanned my eyes outside but I didn't see Mom. It seems like she already left me. She's not here anymore...

When I saw the two Demons looking in my direction I secretly glared at them.

The Demon who asked name grinned at me. "Did she pass?" The Demon asked Peter Ratri.

"She did," Peter said with a smile.

"Awful, the shortage of meat is getting lower and lower. Most of the farms are shipping out Normal ones. It's awful that she passed," The other Demon reacted. "You should do something about this."

"There is no need to worry about that," Peter let out a twisted smile before placing his hands on my shoulder. "The distribution of meat may not be stable but we'll make sure to stabilize the quality, right Conny?" He asked me.

"Yes," I uttered.

'How do you want me to arrange this? quantity over quality or vice versa?' I asked him.

Manipulating this data is such an easy task. I already have experience arranging data. It's not because I worked in a finance office or something. Let's say that I learned it from hell which we call 'School'.

'I want to hear your opinion.' I told him.

'What do you think?' Peter Ratri asked me with a playful smile.

'You want me to arrange it in a way where you can manipulate them,' I answered. I placed the paper on the table. "Am I right?'

••••••

"From now on, you can call me your 'Grandma'," An old woman wearing an all-black long dress with puffed sleeves and black collar told me. "Such a young child to enter this path earlier." She said while looking at me.

She held my hand as we enter the training academy at the headquarters. I scanned my eyes to that place. A bunch of young women welcomed my sight. They glanced at me as I walk along with Grandma.

I am currently the center of attention and it doesn't feel nice. Some stared in my direction because of curiosity, but most of them were looking at me as if I am prey and they are the predator.

It's very different from the warm atmosphere at the Gracefield Orphanage.

"From now on, I am your teacher," Grandma told me. "All you have to do is to compete and prove your skills. But since your age is not yet appropriate for the actual training, I will set your studies according to your age and see if you are truly outstanding. Do you understand?"

"I understand, Grandma," I replied to her.

"If that's the case then it's good," Grandma replied to me. "I will accompany you to your room. Your roommate will teach you things about the academy," Grandma said. "You should know the most important drill in this place."

"Never Escape," I answered her. "I already know it and I am not planning to do it," I replied her with a serious voice. "The reason why I went here is to survive."

"You're quite mature for your age. Your profile is very different from your personality," Grandma commented. A mysterious smile appeared on her face. "Now I know why Isabella did not notice it earlier."

I stayed silent and choose not to reply to her.

"But don't compare me to your Mom," She said. "Do not compare this place to your orphanage. This place is much different. If a child like you couldn't keep up with the situation. You will not survive."

I know, I am aware of that.

In this place, my only advantage is my cheat and my age. Since I am only six years old, they decided to make things lighter for me. Since this body is too young and cannot take the operation yet, they won't change the transmitter in my ears.

If ever I need to escape from this place, I won't be too hard since I don't have a chip in my heart.

And I am very sure that they are confident that I won't escape no matter what. Although they think that I am smart, I am only 6 years old, what can a child do? They probably think that I won't have the guts to do that.

"This is Eniza, your roommate," Grandma told me as I glance at a girl with short hair black hair. This young girl is pretty especially with her fair skin and beautiful eyes. "She will tell you things that you have to know."

"I understand, Grandma," I replied to her.

I glanced at the pretty girl named 'Eniza', She looked down on me because of the difference in our height. I took a deep breath before glancing in my hand. The 'Vida' flower is still in my hands. I can't believe that they didn't notice that I am still holding this thing.

"You may rest now, tomorrow will be your first day as a student," Grandma told. The old woman turned her back on me.

My eyes went to the girl who was now looking at me with a haughty look. She didn't say anything as she also turned away from me. "Tch, You're so small. You look like a normal child," she said with a smirk.

I remained silent and decide not to answer her. A frown appeared on my face.

I'm just 6, okay?

•••••

I don't know if Season 2 will turn out good, (^~^;)ゞ

But yeah, here's your Chapter 26!

I decided that I couldn't wait until 12:00 a.m anymore. Advance Happy Holloween!