Chapter 19: The Plan

"You may rest in peace," I uttered before burying the two cloves of garlic outside

"You may rest in peace," I uttered before burying the two cloves of garlic outside. I rubbed my hands before rising. My eyes went to the bright moon that was shining in the sky. 

I suddenly saw a butterfly flying before me. I raised my hands as if trying to reach it. "Should I do it today?" I asked myself.

A smile appeared on my face before lowering my hand. I hopped on the lump of soil in my feet to hide any trace that I buried something here. "Why do I feel like I am burying a corpse?" I muttered. I shivered at the thought of it. Sometimes I am scared of my thoughts.

I observe the whole area after erasing the traces on the ground.

It's already midnight and I am done with my business here. I moved at a silent pace to enter the house. Everyone is asleep anyway, and I am sure that Mom is currently in her room. 

"I'm thirsty," After entering the house. I immediately went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I became alerted when I suddenly heard a sound.

Who's that?

I shrugged my shoulders while drinking.

"So you are here," I flinch when someone talked. I almost spit out the water from my mouth when I heard him. The boy rolled his eyes when he saw my pitiful reaction. "Good for you," he said in a bored tone.

"You shouldn't do that when people are drinking!" I nagged him. I clenched my fist while trying not to boink his head. It's not child abuse if I beat him, right?. I snorted at him while wiping my wet face. "Hmmph! What are you doing here?" I asked him.

I glanced in Ray's direction after I asked. The boy stared at me cooly. "I can't?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah sure. Ray can go to the kitchen. Ray can also talk to Conny," I uttered sarcastically. "Ah, yes. Ray can even ignore Conny for more days," I uttered with an ugly face. I crossed my arms while staring at him. 

Ray halted on my remarks but he only shook his head. "Did you know that Garlic can make a fake fever?" he asked. The black-haired boy throws a clove of garlic in my direction. 

I tried my best to catch it, however, I didn't succeed. 

I hissed when I pick up the garlic on the ground. 

I smiled secretly before turning my gaze on him. He figured out the trick.

"What does it have to do with me?" I snorted. I placed the garlic on the table.

"Playing innocent when you just 'disposed' those poor things huh?" He said. He crossed both of his arms while looking at me. 

He knows that as well? Are you a stalker?

I glanced at him with a doubtful look.

When he noticed how I look at him. Ray averted his eyes. "It was almost exposed to Mom," he uttered. My mouth parted when he told me that. Norman didn't tell me. So this is the reason why Ray figured it out. "Be more careful in the future."