003

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

Jay is stuck in an unrequited love...

Yuri's teeny tiny head was trying to comprehend the fact that the man who sat in from of her, the same man who was too perfect for his own good, is in love with someone he couldn't have.

"Why do you look so shocked?" Jay asked, taking a bite of his food.

She shook her head. "I just didn't expect someone like you would be stuck in a situation like that." She explains her side. "Was she in love with someone else?"

Jay's expression changed which meant her guess was right. She could only think of two possibilities, it was either he didn't confess at all to her and the girl's oblivious to his feelings or she was in love with another. Either those two or she just really thinks highly of him.

"Well if it's any consolation, being in a relationship sucks. Or better yet, love itself sucks." She grins at him with a thumbs up.

He laughs. "I think your drunk self already told me that."

"Then my sober self is repeating it to you."

"You know, you don't look like someone who experienced a bad breakup. Or is this your way of coping with the pain?" He asked.

Yuri scoffed, irritated because she had to be reminded of the stupid breakup she had to go through. Jay was right, this was her way of coping with the emptiness she now felt. To stop herself from being reminded she was single now, she studied all night, watched a bunch of movies, and played games. Even now that she's talking with Jay, it was her own way of being ignorant about her real feelings.

"I'm being ignorant about my own feelings, okay? Ignorance is after all a bliss." She replied.

It was a rather surprise how far their conversation had gone. They started with this awkward atmosphere and now there they are, talking about each other's love-life. Once they were finished eating, she asked for the check. She did promise him a meal plus she had enough money to spare.

The two of them finally got out of the restaurant and now made their way back to campus. She had a class scheduled in an hour which is why she needed to return as soon as possible. She did notice one thing about Jay while they walked, and it was that he checks his phone frequently. Almost like he was expecting a text from someone. She wanted to ask him about it but then she realized it really was none of her business who he talks to.

Upon arriving at the gate, she smiled at him. "I'll split up with you here. I have a class in a few minutes, see you around. And also thank you for returning my wallet." She waved at him.

Jay smiled back at her. "Thanks for the meal. See you around then." He said, turning his back on her and walking to the opposite direction.

She pulled her phone out from her pocket and saw that her parents had sent her a text to call them once her classes are all finished. She shoves her phone back to her pocket and made her way to her building but upon walking, her eyes met a familiar pair. She bit her tongue to stop herself from reacting as they both stared at each other.

What is this bastard looking at?

Pushing her hair back, Yuri tore away her eyes from him and continued to walk. "I should really stop calling him bastard." She muttered.