021

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

Yuri laid in her bed with a blank expression.

It was finally summer break and days passed since she and Jay last spoke. She would be lying if she said he stopped trying to pursue her but right now, she found it hard to look at him. She wanted to listen to whatever he wanted to say but with everything happening inside her head, she was afraid of what will come out of her mouth once her emotions gets the best of her. 

She hugged her pillow tightly as she enjoyed the comfort of her bed before she has to stand up to visit her parents for a week. Maybe returning to her family home is the best thing she could do to sort out her head. 

"I miss him." She mumbled while her head was buried in the pillow. Her head has always been at peace whenever he's near her but now, she was back to the grasp of her past.

Letting out a sigh, she stood up to get ready. Her bags were already prepared, courtesy of her sadness which pushed her to be productive the past day. After getting ready, she looked all over the apartment to check if she left any outlet plugged instead of the refrigerator of course. 

Riding a cab, she leaned on the window to look at the view. While she looked at the familiar busy streets, that's the only time she realized how gray the world was. Everything looked so sad to her that not even happy sights could lift her mood. Arriving at her family home, she noticed the car was gone which meant her dad has probably gone to work. Pulling her luggage and bags, she knocked at the gate and waited for her mother to answer it. 

Not even a minute passed, the gate swung open and her mother gleamed at her. "You're finally here! I missed you Yuri." She said, pulling the younger to a hug. Yuri hugged her back because she missed her very much. "Come in. Your father went to work so he'll be back by evening." 

"Wow, I missed this place." Yuri looked around the place as a wave of nostalgia hit her. Pictures of their family still filled the place. "I'll get going now to my room to change into more comfortable clothes." She excused herself as she made her way upstairs. 

Opening the door to her bedroom, she was filled with the feeling of nostalgia while enjoying the comfort of her old bedroom again. Books about law and pictures of herself growing up as a child filled her shelves. She was even surprised to see a portrait of her and Wooyoung. She faced it to the opposite direction just so she wouldn't have to deal with the horror of having to look at his face whenever she would scan her shelf. 

After changing clothes, she let out a sigh of relief the moment her back made in contact with the soft mattress. Just as when she was about to fall asleep, she heard a faint knock in her door. Her mother stood there with a slice of cheesecake in her left hand. 

"Here, I brought you a slice of cheesecake." She said. "Is there something wrong with you, Yuri? You don't look like your usual self. Did someone hurt you?" 

Yuri smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine, don't worry. My feelings are just getting the best of me again." She says, accepting the cheesecake. 

Her mother sighed. "It always pains me whenever I think about everything you went through and you're only turning 21 in two days." She said, brushing Yuri's hair with her fingers. "And I know you went through so much more. You created this strong and intimidating persona to hide your weak and vulnerable self. You surely don't think your own mother wouldn't see right through your mask." 

She chuckled while a lump began to form on her throat. "Dayeon and I always struggled to hide anything from you." 

"Yuri, it's okay to show your weak side. It's okay to cry but it's never okay to keep them all bottled up in your chest. You can only take so much before you burst." Yuri looked down and placed the cheesecake on her bedside table to wipe the tears falling from her eyes. "I've always admired how strong you are but I can't help but worry. Speak to me now, Yuri. I may not have created your heart in my womb but I did nurture it."