015

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

The morning after Yuri found herself wrapped in a blanket as she laid alone on her couch.

She looked at her dining table and saw a bunch of food prepared for her. There was a post-it note attached to the side.

I prepared breakfast for you before I left. I didn't know you were such a heavy sleeper. I had fun watching crappy action movies with you yesterday, see you :)

Eyeing the food he made for her, it looked really delicious and she really appreciated his efforts. She didn't even hear him cooking earlier, she really was a heavy sleeper. Before eating, she stood up first and checked her phone first. She was so caught up with her movie marathon with Jay the past day that she barely checked if anyone texted her.

What caught her eye was a text from someone she least expected.

She sighed and put her phone down

She sighed and put her phone down. She didn't even bother replying and just ate the food Jay made for her. Even if she refused, he would continue to annoy her until she let him. Once she was done, she cleaned the apartment and washed her dishes. She suddenly started craving for the cookies Jay made for her. It was by far the best cookies she had, either that or she just isn't eating good cookies.

While she was busy writing the essay that was given to them, she suddenly heard the doorbell. Sighing and closing her laptop, she knew for a fact that it was Dohyun behind her doorstep. She opened the door for him and there he was, standing there in casual clothes smiling at Yuri.

Yuri forced a smile and lets him in her apartment. He sat across from her at the dining table and she crossed her arm as they sat there for a while in silence.

Dohyun breaks the silence and speaks. "How have you been? Having trouble with college?"

She shook her head. "I'm doing fine. What are you doing back here in Korea? I thought you'll stay in Canada for good?" She asked him.

"I thought of returning back here. It has been five years, I'm slowly healing. And besides next week..." He answered which changed the expression on her face. "Why haven't you been using the money I'm sending you? I told you I'll support you until you become a lawyer."

"I already told you Dohyun, I don't need the money. I'm a scholar and I can work anytime to earn money." She explained, her jaw clenching. "You and I should cut ties now if you're slowly healing as you say. We have no more reasons to meet each other."

"You know I can't do that. I promised her, I promised you-"

"Well promises were meant to be broken, okay?! No promises were ever meant to be kept, Dohyun. At some point in our lives, they get broken. So forget about those promises you made to her or to me." She cut him off.