017

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

"You owe me one." Sunwoo said as he comfortably sits on Yuri's couch.

When Jay dropped her off, she was surprised to see her best friend watching TV in her apartment as if he owned the place. She was about to ask him how he got in but she remembered the spare key she gave him back then for emergencies.

She sat next to him and crossed her arms. "What are you doing here? You could've just called me instead of wasting my electricity bill." She scoffs. "Yeah, I guess thank you for bringing him there. I didn't tell him my full story at least he got a glimpse of a part of my past."

He smirked. "I brought him there because I knew you've been dying to apologize to him but can't bring yourself to approach him yourself. Now you owe me at least one essay."

Sunwoo got it right. Yuri was aware that he has been waiting for her outside of the building and as much as she wanted to approach him and say her sorry, she was ashamed of everything she told him. She couldn't bring herself to face him because of those words, that's why she avoided him.

"Fine." She gave in. She shoved her hand in the pocket of her coat and realized her phone was not there anymore. "Huh? Where's my phone?" She said, putting her hand in every pocket her coat had. "Can you call my phone?" She asked Sunwoo and he nods before grabbing his own phone and dialing her phone.

Her heart dropped when she couldn't hear any ringtone within her apartment. His eyes widened when someone answered the call. She was confused when he made a relieved expression. Once he was finished speaking with the stranger, she was quick to ask him who it was.

"It's Jay. You dropped your phone in his car. He said he'll drop it off here later, he's busy with his friends at the moment." He answered which made her sigh in relief. "Since he's going here, I'll be taking my leave. And I hope- dear heavens I hope! You realize something by the end of the day."

She furrowed her eyebrows.  "You've been telling me that for over a week now and I haven't realized a thing at all. You have to tell me what you mean."

Before he left her apartment, he looked at her with a frown. "Fine, I'll tell you if you don't realize by today. Ugh, you can be so dense sometimes Yuri." He groans and closes the door behind him.

Yuri scoffed. She facepalmed herself for dropping her phone in his car. She's been getting too clumsy nowadays it was starting to disturb her. She recalled telling him a part of her past earlier and to be honest, she was relieved to finally let out some of her feelings to someone. Ever since Dohyun returned and her misunderstanding with Jay, her emotions were getting the best of her.

Her sister's death anniversary was her breaking point.

When she heard a knock on her door, she stood up fully thinking it was Jay standing there with her phone. He's here already? I thought he was busy. She thought as she walked towards her door. Opening it, instead of Jay she saw her mother standing there with a bunch of plastic bags on her hand. Her eyes widened because she wasn't expecting a visit from her.

"Mom! What are you doing here?" She asked. She steps aside and let her mother in. "Let me help you with that." She offered, grabbing one of the plastic bags and placing it on her dining table.

"Ah you've gotten so thin, have you been eating at all?" Her mother was quick to scold her once all the bags were out of her hands. "I visited because it's been a while since I saw my daughter. I bought some grocery for you, I could only imagine how much instant ramyeon you've eaten this week."