005

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

The sleepiness Yuri was feeling all slipped away after she heard what Jay said.

"You don't have to wait for me." She tells him and looked back at her essay. "I feel like this essay would take me another hour. You should get some rest too." She said, coming up with so many excuses just so he wouldn't need to wait for her. 

At first, Yuri didn't really pay attention to him but the longer they sat together, the more did it sink in to her that they were sitting together. She would make occasional glances to see what he was up to and as expected, he was finishing his school works like her. The only reason she hasn't fallen asleep yet is because she was too embarrassed to sleep in front of him.

He crossed his arms. "You need to get some rest." He says, emphasizing the word you. "You should go home now, you can finish that once you've gotten a good nap. You look like you're going to pass out once you close your eyes."

She sighed. If she doesn't finish the essay by that day she would be stacked with so many work the next day. But he was right, she was one wink away from sleeping. For sure her paper would be filled with typos and grammar errors if she does not sleep. Giving up, she turns her laptop off and shoved it back in her bag.

"Fine, I'll go home. Seriously, ever since we met all you've ever done is scold me." She scoffs. "And we only met a week ago!" The two of them stood up once she was done fixing her stuff and checking if she left anything.

"That's because you always need scolding whenever we're together." He crosses his arm while they walk to his car. "Get in, I'll bring you home."

"My apartment is nearby, I don't need you to drive me there." Yuri insisted. He raised his eyebrow at her and just stared at her, it was as if that was his own way of pressuring her to accept his offer. "There is just no arguing with you. Okay fine." She sighs.

He laughed softly as he watched her get in the car with a frown. She put on her seatbelt and told him the direction to her apartment. She leaned on the window and suddenly remembered her ex, he would also drive her home even though she lived nearby. Even though he messed her up, there were also a lot of happy memories. They were in a relationship for almost two years, but sadly to him, there were many things more important than her.

"You have no place in my future or dreams, Yuri. You're just a hindrance to my life."

She gripped her chest when it began to ache again. That line has been repeating itself over and over again in her head like a broken disk. The worst thing about that line is it came from someone she never thought would say that to her. They finally arrived at her apartment, she unbuckles her seatbelt and grabbed her bag from behind.

"Told you my apartment was close." Yuri slightly smiled at Jay. "Alright then, bye bye. See you when I see you, Jay." She waves at him when she finally got out of his car. "Wow my mood has totally been ruined, why did I even recall that line?" She sighed, hitting her head.

Opening her apartment and putting her bag in the couch, she walks to her bed and immediately wrapped herself in her comforters as she began to rest.

The next day, Yuri successfully finished her reaction paper. She was in a good mood because of that, even Sunwoo was wondering why his friend wasn't as gloomy as she usually was in the morning.