024

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JAY

How long has he been laying on his bed?

Ever since Jay got home, he immediately returned to his bed. He texted his friends to let them know he was back at home and not in Yuri's apartment. He wondered if she's having a good time with her family, it is her special day.

He wondered how her face looked like when she saw the note in his gift. He very much hope she didn't shatter the perfume because of how expensive it was. He was so smitten for her that all his head could think about was her. It was driving him crazy.

Standing up, he heads to the kitchen. He jumps when he sees Sunghoon in his couch, busy reading a book he got from Jay's bookshelf. He completely forgot Sunghoon was in his apartment. Heading straight to the kitchen, he tried to look for a food that he could eat. He then remembered Heeseung brought him a chocolate cake so he pulled it from his refrigerator.

"Do you want chocolate cake?" Jay offered Sunghoon.

Sunghoon shook his head. "No thanks. How are you? Jungwon asked me to watch over you in case you do anything you'll regret the next day."

He chuckled. "Is this really necessary when one of us is brokenhearted? I won't do anything rash so you can go if you have any plans." Jay says, taking a bite of the chocolate cake.

"Eh I have nothing better to do anyway, babysitting you doesn't sound so bad." Sunghoon smirks playfully at him.

Jay scoffs and proceeded with finishing his cake. "Can you turn on the TV?" He asked. Sunghoon grabbed the remote next to him and turned on the TV as Jay requested.

He lets out a groan when he sees the movie playing in the television was one of the crappy action movies he and Yuri watched together. He came out of his room to get his mind off of her yet there he was, reminded of her by a mere movie. Sunghoon glanced weirdly at his friend but continued on reading his book.

When night came, Sunghoon finally left his apartment to go home. Jay, on the other hand, had already finished half the cake Heeseung brought for him. He was busy watching films in netflix that he completely lost track of time. The only thing that pulled him back to reality was the sound of his phone.

He quickly looks at it, expecting to see another text from his friends but to his surprise it wasn't from them. He immediately stopped the movie he was watching and pressed the notification. It was a text from Yuri, saying she wanted to meet up with him.

It didn't take him too long to run to his room in order to change clothes and swiftly grabbed his car keys. He has never ran so fast in his life, it was as if his whole life was in the line. He tried his best not to exceed the speed limit as he drove to their spot.

"What should I tell her when we meet? Should I confess at that exact moment?" He panickily tells himself. "No, calm down Jay. Just say what comes to your mind."

Parking his car to the side, he sees an unfamiliar car parked not too far from his. He could only guess it was Yuri. He didn't waste any time to run and the moment he saw her looking at stars, the world around him stopped spinning. The adrenaline rush inside him suddenly vanished and now all he felt was this familiar feeling of ease.

Yuri turned her head because she heard his footsteps. It has been so long since he last looked at those eyes and he missed it so bad. She smiled at him but in a different way, it was a smile he has never seen before. It was a genuinely happy smile and her own way of saying that he wasn't the only one happy between them.