016

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JAY

Jay later on tried talking to Yuri after that but he noticed she was avoiding him.

Whenever he would try to wait for her, she would join a group of friends and hide. Sunwoo would stare at him almost as if he was apologizing in behalf of what his best friend was pulling. He fell to his couch after another failed attempt in fixing his and Yuri's friendship.

He wanted to help her that day but she was right, how could he help her when he barely understood her? No matter how much they talked or how much time they spend together, what happened that day was enough evidence that there was more to her that he has yet to know. When his laptop suddenly made a sound, his eyes widened when he realized it was Jia.

Pressing answer, she finally showed up on his screen with a warm smile. "Jay hey! It's been a while since we've spoken."

"Yeah, how are you there? You look like you're doing good." He says, smiling at her.

"I'm fine but I am starting to feel homesick again. It rarely happens but when it does, it gets unbearable sometimes. That's why I called you, seeing an old friend puts me at ease." Jia explained. "Ah enough about me. How about you? How are you there? Any girl perhaps?"

Before he could answer, she was quick to cut him off. "Don't you dare deny it. I've been seeing your posts and I can see a shadow of a girl."

The first person that appeared in his head is Yuri. She was the only girl that he ever posts on his social media but since he knew she was a bit uncomfortable with all the rumors about the two of them going around, he only posts pictures where she's hidden. But Jia being the detective she was, was able to spot Yuri's shadow.

"There's a girl but she's nothing more but a friend. Plus it's only been two months since she and her ex broke up." He said to which only made Jia suspicious.

"Hm I see. Alright answer my questions then I'll believe you." She said and he nods. "Do you still like me?" She asked which created a silence between them. Jay didn't know what to answer to that question. "Do you feel the same way as you did before you met this girl?"

He still remained silent. "If you don't answer, you'll only confirm my suspicions." She says.

"I'm thinking about it okay?" He scoffs.

She groans. "Okay fine I'll answer the questions for you. You don't feel the same way with me right? You're just using me and her breakup as an excuse to deny your feelings for her."

"On what grounds are these accusations of yours coming from?"

"I've been your best friend for almost three years. I've seen the difference from how you look at me before to how you look at me now. And I've seen how you looked in your pictures, you look so happy nowadays I could only narrow down the possible reasons." She explained. "Also when I asked you about her, you were quick to bring up her breakup. It sounded like an excuse rather than an actual reason."

Him? In denial of his feelings? That doesn't sound right. But there was one thing he can honestly say, and that was his feelings for Jia is almost completely gone and their call is the biggest proof. If he still had feelings for her, he would be overflowing with joy but now their conversation felt so casual that it slipped out of his mind that he was talking to the girl he used to like so much.