019

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

"Yuri, if you want to kill yourself, you might as well just jump in the bridge. You should give yourself a rest." Sunwoo speaks from the screen.

They were in a call because Sunwoo was worried for his friend's well-being. Since summer break was coming up, Yuri was finishing her requirements before the quarter ends. Sunwoo being the leisure person he was, could only watch her type another reaction paper in her laptop.

"You know, it's never too late to become a non-showbiz girlfriend." She says in the most casual tone before moving away from her desk and facepalming herself.

He chuckled. "I don't think Jay wants to be a celebrity." She immediately shot him with a glare almost as if she was warning him to be careful on what he says. "Oh you're still shy about your feelings. Come on, it's been a month Yuri."

Life would be a lot simpler if what she felt for Jay was a simple crush but no, it wasn't. If it was a simple crush whatever she felt for Jay would be similar to how she felt for Wooyoung, yet it was different. With Wooyoung, it didn't feel so comforting.

She stands up and headed to the kitchen to grab something to eat from her pantry. Upon returning to her desk with her chips, Sunwoo was busy with his phone probably texting another girl as he usually did. She rolled her eyes at her friend. "When are you going to settle for one girl? Aren't you tired of changing girls as if they were clothes?" Yuri glared at him.

He scoffs. "Believe me, if it was so easy to find the right girl, I wouldn't be single right now." He explains to her but that still doesn't justify his playboy antics. "Why are you so into my love-life? Worry about yours. When are you going to confess to Jay?"

She shrugged. "Do I have to? Can't we just stay as friends? I'm sure it would be awkward for the two of us if he rejects me after I confess my feelings." She frowns while she continues to eat her chips.

"Is that what you want?" He asked.

Letting out a sigh, Yuri shook her head. "No, that's not what I want. Here's the thing, have you seen his first love? She's the absolute definition of perfection, what do I have against her?"

Of course she took the liberty of stalking his first love. Just by looking at her, Yuri could immediately tell how Jay liked her in the first place. The girl was smart and rich enough to study abroad. She couldn't help but feel so insecure as she continued to stalk her.

"Yuri, she's a part of his past already. And for all we know what he could've felt for her was a simple infatuation. It's not impossible for him to like you." Sunwoo said. "The cases you've been reading is starting to get to your head, you should go to the mall. Have a quick lunch, go buy some clothes, have some fun alone time!"

"I still have so much to do." She furrows her eyebrows.

"Those aren't due tomorrow. You can spare a couple of hours for yourself, now go on, get dressed. I'm calling you again in an hour, if I don't see your ass out of that apartment, I'm getting you out of there myself." He said before dropping the call before she could utter any words.

Groaning, she pulled herself to her wardrobe to change clothes. She settled with a oversized shirt she found and pants, tying her hair in a ponytail, she grabbed her phone and got out of the apartment before an hour could pass. She brought a bag small enough to fit her belongings.

As soon as she got out of the taxi, Sunwoo video calls her to check if she was already out of her apartment. "Happy now?" She rolled her eyes as she put her face mask on.