027

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YURI

Ten months passed.

Their second year in college passed like a blur and up until now, Yuri has not made the two of them official.

They have been the talk of the university because Jay was a well-known student there and his sudden show of affection with Yuri sparked numerous rumors. They remained unbothered by it and continued on with their lives despite the stares they get whenever Jay would walk her to her building.

Although they didn't spend their Christmas together, they did welcome the New Year side by side. It was as if the two of them were already a couple because of how much time they spend together. Even Sunwoo was starting to get mad at her for spending less time with him.

So now there she was in his apartment, writing an essay for her philosophy class. Sunwoo was doing the same thing except he was more vocal with his boredom. He yawned every chance he could get which made Yuri regret her decision. She should've just invited him to a karaoke instead of doing their essay. She was starting to feel sleepy herself.

"I'm this close to falling asleep because of your yawning." Yuri frowned at Sunwoo.

Sunwoo frowned back at her. "The only thing keeping me awake is your hourly reminder to tell me to stop yawning."

She scoffs. "I'm almost with mine, how about yours?" She asked to know how much he has written.

"Halfway." He says nonchalantly. "So did you cancel plans with Jay to spend your weekend with me?"

Yuri nods. "Yeah, he invited me on a double date with his friend but I told him I already made plans with you."

Since she cancelled plans with Jay, he's currently hanging out with his friends. Whenever she would send him a picture of her in Sunwoo's apartment, he would send a picture of him back with his friends. Throughout the ten months, she got to know his six friends even better along with their girlfriends. She went on numerous double dates with them after all.

"It's almost a year since he started courting you, when are you going to make it official?" He asked her.

She sighs and shrugs. "I don't know when's the right time. I want to make it official, believe me I do but it's hard to find the right moment." She said that she'll yes once she's healed and now that she is, she really wanted to make it official for the two of them.

But finding the right moment felt so hard. At some point, she just wanted to say yes through her phone. She didn't do it obviously because she wanted to make that moment beautiful and saying yes via text was not the way to do it.

"Any upcoming occasions?" He asked but she shook her head. "Well good for you, there's a music festival next weekend. I was going to invite you but since you're having a love-life crisis, you can have the ticket I bought for the two of us."

Her eyes widened. "I can't accept that!" She said, rejecting his offer.

He rolled his eyes at her. "Oh stop being nice. I've been in countless music festivals, missing one doesn't seem that bad. Plus the tickets isn't that expensive so you don't have to pay me back."

"But-" He extended his pointing finger at her to shut her up. "Fine." She frowned, giving in.

"Without me, you and Jay would've never worked out so you should definitely name one of your child Sunwoo." He winked to which she replied by scoffing. "Plus I may or may not have a date that day."

She laughs. "Who are you going on a date this time?"

"The girl I met in summer. She's finally back in Korea so I want to spend time with her." Sunwoo says and Yuri immediately remembered the girl that got her best friend whipped for a whole month before she left for another country.