004

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JAY

Jay raised his eyebrow when he received a text from an unknown number. He replied to it in case it wasn't a wrong number and the person genuinely knew him. Opening the door to his apartment, he was surprised when he sees his friends already sitting at the couch, almost as if they lived there.

"Hello people who don't live here." He smiled sarcastically at them, placing his stuff at the side and sitting at the couch with his friends. "You guys are paying for my grocery." He says, bringing out his phone and checking his notifications.

His eyes widened when he sees a notification from his instagram which stated Yuri reacted with a laughing emoticon at his story. "What the hell?" He reacts. Was it a mistake or did she actually laugh at my story?

"What's wrong?" Sunoo asked him as he busily eat the mint chocolate ice cream that he stole from Jay's freezer. He didn't really mind, most of the food in his refrigerator are food he bought for his friends.

"What does it mean when someone laughs at your instagram story?" He asks them.

They all looked at each other as if they all had the same answer in their minds. "They think your story is funny then. Why else would they laugh?" Heeseung answers. "What was your story about again?"

Sunghoon burst out laughing when he recalled what his friend's story was about. "Someone reacted with a laughing emoticon in your picture?" He laughed, holding his stomach.

Jay scowled at his friend and looked at his phone. He noticed the unknown number finally replied to him.

 He noticed the unknown number finally replied to him

Yuri? When did I slip my number in her wallet?

His gaze then immediately averts to his friends who sat around his couch, busy doing their things. "Which one of you slipped my number in Yuri's wallet?" He asked, looking at everyone suspiciously. Those who were absent the past day had no idea who Yuri was but Jungwon, Jake, and Sunghoon all looked at each other.

"It was Jungwon's idea!" Jake immediately points at Jungwon.

Jungwon looked at him in disbelief. "It was Sunghoon who wrote your number on a paper and slipped it in her wallet!" He then points at Sunghoon who glared at him for ratting him out.

Jay pinched the bridge of his nose as the three argued who really put his number in Yuri's wallet. He went to his balcony and closed the door behind him before dialing her number, to which she answered in an instant. He clearly did not think of what he would say to her as the moment she spoke in the other line, his mind went blank, struggling to find a reply he could give her.

"So you think my story is funny huh?" He said, leaning on his balcony.

"So you slipped your number in my wallet because you don't have the courage to give it to me personally huh?" She fired back, almost as if she was expecting Jay to tell that to her.