028

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JAY

"Congratulations Jay you're not single anymore!" Sunghoon clapped after Jay delivers the news to his friends. "Who would've thought she would actually say yes to you?"

Jay glared at him. "I haven't forgotten that because of you and Jake's stupid questions, I almost lost Yuri 10 months ago." He said, vividly remembering the cause of that misunderstanding.

Sunoo chuckled. "What can you expect? Those two are horrible when it comes to love." He said while casually taking sips from his drink.

Sunghoon scoffs. "Says the one who has been crushing on the same girl for three years yet still hasn't confessed." He fired back.

"Says the one who's dating the girl he dumped in high school." Sunoo smirked. Sunghoon was about to say more but Jungwon was quick to get in between the two before their bickering continues.

Only the four of them were present in their little gathering. Two out of three were busy spending time with their significant others while the other one is busy with some personal stuff. They were currently in a restaurant and Jay swore he was about to walk away with Jungwon every time Sunghoon and Sunoo would start arguing. When they're together, they're either laughing together or bickering, really there was no in between.

"So why are you spending your time with us? Shouldn't you be with Yuri on your first day as lovers?" Jungwon asked.

"She's busy with her studies plus she said I should spend time with my friends more." Jay replied. "She knows I've been blowing you all off to spend more time with her."

Jungwon snickers. "Soon enough I'll be attending your weddings." He said, taking a bite of his food.

After they talked about their relationships, they decided to catch up by telling stories about their schools. Jay admits that he missed seeing his friends in the same school. Only Jake went to the  same college as him, the rest were studying in different universities, pursuing each other's dreams. Once they were all done eating, Jungwon and Sunoo left first because they had to stop by somewhere.

Sunghoon glanced at Jay. "I'm going to leave now, I have to pick Ahra up. Are you heading to Yuri's?" He asked, patting him in the shoulder.

Jay nods. "Yeah, go ahead." He said before watching his friend walk to his car. He dialed Yuri's number while he headed to his own car. It didn't take her too long to answer her phone.

"Hello?" She says tiredly as if she had just woken up from her sleep.

"Did I wake you up? I thought you were going to study." He said, biting his lip to avoid a smile from surfacing on his face.

"No no. Definitely..." She was cut off when she suddenly yawned. "Yeah I fell asleep." She admitted it this time. "I'm going to make some coffee, don't drop the call." She said and he heard the sound of the door opening. "So how was your lunch with your friends?"

"It was good. We got to catch up with a lot of things." He said, putting his phone on speaker and starting his car. "But three of my friends couldn't make it. They said they were busy with some things."

She hummed. "Is that so? I'm sure you'll hang out altogether again, the seven of you are basically inseparable." She says. "Oh coffee does taste good when you're sleepy."

He laughs. "How's your study before you fell asleep?"

"Fine, I supposed. I understood a lot of the texts written but I may have to cut some sleep if I want to finish the remaining pages." She sighs to which made him frown.