Chapter 10- Can I Keep It?

You opened your eyes slowly, immediately closing then once more. You were sensitive to the light.

"Augh..." you groaned as you held your head.

Your head was pounding, and you felt extremely groggy. You never felt a headache this awful before.

You slowly open your eyes, closing them once more.
You kept trying until you could somewhat bare the little amount of moonlight that illuminated from the bedroom window.

What even happened last night....?

You slowly pushed yourself up and leaned against the head board of the bed. Even that was a difficult task. Where did all your strength go?
You looked into your lap.

Childe's jacket....?

You look to the left.
"What's my bed doing so close to me?" You say while cupping your hands around your eyes.

Your eyes slightly widen, "Wait... That's my bed."

Out of confusion, you continue to scan the room. Everything was in its usual place, aside from the beds. You located your visions and your mask on the table in the corner of the room. You still didn't understand why you were granted a Cryo vision when that doesn't react well to Electro. Plus, your delusion helped you enough.

And lastly, you took note of the lack of Childe's presence.

You moved Childe's jacket off of your lap, and begin to fold it before placing it back down on the bed.
You positioned your hand on the headboard and push yourself up with whatever strength you had at the moment. You got onto your feet and began to take a step forward. Your foot did not even reach the ground before you became light headed and lost your balance. You couldn't muster anymore strength to move, so you just laid there.

Great. Even the floor is cold. I want his jacket back.

You looked back up on the bed. You couldn't stand up to get it, but you were able to weakly move your arm and grab it. You pulled it down and slipped your arms into the sleeves. It was quite big on you, but it made you feel cozy. You couldn't quite fasten it, for the sleeves were a bit too long for your short arms.

It's so warm... and it even smells like him still.
I wish my uniform was like this.

The light headed feeling finally disappeared, leaving you with only a raging headache. You remained on the floor for a few more minutes before daring to climb back onto the bed. You had more strength now that you did when you first woke up, so you managed to pull yourself up. You looked over at the time.
3:27 a.m

The middle of the night. And Childe was no where to be seen. You wondered where he could be, and if he was safe. You sunk into the mattress once more, you just wanted to sleep more. You oddly felt at peace even though Childe wasn't there.
Just being in his jacket made you feel secure.
You tossed and turned until you were comfortable.
You still wished he was next to you. You didn't understand why you longed to always remain in his presence. You never wanted to be near anyone else for as long as you do Childe. It hadn't even been a week and you felt so weird about him. But a good kind of weird. Like making your heart beat fast, and being able to actually enjoy yourself with him.
It took you some time, but you realized you were in love. In love with him.
You wondered if he felt the same way.

You sighed before closing your eyes once more and drifting off to sleep.
___________________________________
The morning~

You awoke to a sudden sound. You felt no better than a few hours ago.

"Finally awake?" You heard a voice nearby whisper.

You roll over onto your side. You were greeted by a familiar face.
You gave a sleepy smile. Your eyes were still a little sensitive so you closed the once more.

"How are you feeling, girlie?" He asked.

You tried to open your eyes slowly, managing to keep them from closing once more. Childe was gently smiling while he kept his eyes on you.

You took a deep breath in, "Tired."

Your (e/c) orbs focused on the man who lay across from you. Everything from last night seemed blurry.

"That man." You say with your voice slightly cracking.

You saw Childe slightly frown, "Dont worry, he's already been taken care of (n/n)"

You have a weak smile.

You sat up, suddenly remembering that you had his jacket still on your body. You blushed slightly before looking back over at him, slightly panicked.

He was now perched up on the bed, copying your body language.

"It's okay."

You began to slowly slide it off.

"No, no, keep it on." He ordered.

You still tried to take it off. He launched right up and shoved it right back on you. You grimaced.

You actually took a good look at him. He had a long sleeved crimson shirt on with his normal pants and boots on. He most definitely was not cold.

"No," he grinned, "Keep it on."

"I'm hungry." You stated as you looked at the clock.

It was 6:13 a.m

Childe stood up and walked in your direction, "Let's get something in your stomach then, little lady."

You nodded before hoisting yourself off of the bed. You felt light headed again and began to wobble. You felt a pair of arms hold you up.
"Woah Woah Woah, lay back down. You're still out of it."

"No I am not!" You huffed.

"Lay down. I don't want you falling. I'll bring us breakfast." He suggested.

You stared at him, your eyes clearly signaling you were ready to fall back asleep.

He picked you up and placed you on the bed again, "Be a good girl and stay." He ordered as he left the room.

You did exactly as he said. He was surprised once he came back into the room and found you in the same spot as he left you. You were asleep again.
He set the breakfast on the table before walking over to you. He despised the man that put you in harms way. You can barely stay conscious, that freak made you sick. He wants the healthy y/n back. You weren't acting yourself.

He sighed before he gently placed himself on the edge of the bed. He decided to just watch over you.
____________________________________
You didn't stay asleep long. You opened your eyes once more, "Childe...?"

"I'm right here." He said.

"Childe...?" You ask again.

He crawls up to you and gently places his hand atop your head, "Yes?"

"Am I okay..?"

"Yes, you are perfectly okay, girlie. I'm making sure you stay okay." He lightly chuckled

"I like your jacket." You hum.

"Why so?" He asked as he slightly moved you over so he could sit next to you.

"Can I keep it?"

"Whatever makes your little heart happy."

You smile as you lay your head against his shoulder.
"I like you, Childe."

Childe opened his mouth, but before any words could slip out, you were already asleep once more.

He smiled. He slowly reached out his hand and began stroking your hair. He planted a light kiss atop your head.

He hadn't had much sleep for the past few hours. He knew he shouldn't, but he allowed himself to doze off next to you, safe in his embrace.
____________________________________
Chapter 10~ End <3

A/N: Hopefully this doesn't seem too rushed.
I really thank everyone for their support! I hope you do keep reading~!

Please enjoy just this little small chapter of just some cute moments between you two~