Chapter 30.5- His Perspective.

It isn't like me to just defy her highness like that. My job as a harbinger was serve her, to fulfill her desires.

For a little more information, I received a letter from the tsaritsa while staying at the Northland bank. It didn't make any sense. She kept y/n a secret for years, yet she needed to know more about her? Her highness is the one who has known her the longest.

But once again, this was all just one of her tests. I've been through them, so have the rest of the harbingers. She never cared for any of you, for you were all just her pawns.

I wish I wouldn't have kept so much from y/n. I have to admit, she's taught me what it's like to have fun.

I'm stuck.

I remember the exact moment I read the letter. It felt as if someone had punched a hole through my chest. Leave you? Betray you? Why? You were sitting on the couch across from me, watching my every move. I couldn't freak out. I didn't want you to find out. And I will not let you find out.
The exact writing....

Thank you for your wonderful work, Tartaglia. I am hopeful that you will return to me with useful information. I want to hear everything you have gathered about your fellow harbinger, y/n.

Based on what you deliver, this will help further decide y/n's future. You've witnessed how it has gone for others, so I best suggest you are completely honest with me. From further on, you are to leave her side. You are to never speak with her, no matter what she tries to bother you. I do not care what relationship the two of you have formed, for the time is now up. Don't disappoint me, Tartaglia.

I am expecting you,

~The Tsaritsa.

Just drop everything like that? Usually I wouldn't have a problem betraying someone like that. But yet, I can't just sell off her life like that. I won't allow it, not easily forgiven.

Do I just lie to her highness? Or do I tell the truth?
What if I'm caught? No.
This is going to work. My mother is assured of it.
But, I feel incredibly guilty going behind her highnesses back, disobeying her orders. What I am about to commit is a crime punishable by death.

What happened to the Childe who obliged to any order, no matter who he hurt? He couldn't care less about who stood in his way. What makes you so special that he would be willing to sacrifice his life for you? He couldn't care about love, he was forbidden to feel that emotion.

How did you manage to change him? What made you so interesting? What made him so protective of you? Sure, you could defend yourself, but he didn't want you ever in combat. You've only known each other for a matter of months but it's felt like forever.

Why is he willing to drop his duties as a harbinger for you?

Why?

Not even he knew the answer to that question.

But that no longer mattered. For you were no longer the tsaritsa's property.

For you, my dear.

Are now his.
____________________________________
Chapter 30.5- End.

A/N- thank you everyone for your support, I love reading all of your comments. I know this isn't the best written, but your comments make me want to keep writing this disaster <3

It is nearing the end, but I have a lot in store for the remainder of the story. If there are any requests for further fanfics, I will gladly take them~ I really want to write one about either Kaeya or Diluc!

I have to get back to working on my homework now, but I will try and write the other half of this chapter and have it up later! Make sure you eat, and hydrate yourself! <3

Bye bye for now, my lovelies 💞

~Author Kendi