Chapter 16- Tartaglia.

~Childe POV~

I felt bad for leaving y/n alone in bed. Hopefully she's still asleep when I get back. I turned to Scaramouche, "Now, if we are done with this pointless conversation, I will take my leave."

The blue haired boy balled his fists, "Don't leave me waiting. I could have had her dead by now."

I stopped in my place and turned my head, "Whatever."

I didn't want to spend another second in his presence. Of course he found a way to black mail me. Scaramouche wants her gone. He can't stand the fact that y/n is stronger and more admired than him. That she's the favorite in the eyes of the tsaritsa.

"Jealous prick." I scoffed under my breath as I began to walk away.

I quickened my pace, I wanted to get to y/n as fast as possible. For some reason, I can't stand to be away from her for long. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms once more.

I couldn't let Scaramouche kill her. I won't let him lay a finger on her. She's mine and mine only now.
I only agreed to do Scaramouche's dirty work because I couldn't let him touch you. I will get you somewhere safe, out of his reach. I just need to buy a little more time. You need to recover before I can take you away from here.
Just seeing you lie there, barely alive in the middle of the Golden House tore my heart to shreds. I thought I was going to lose you. I remained by your side until you were ready to wake up. No matter how long it took, I was willing to wait. I barely slept, I didn't want to miss you in case you woke up.

Zhongli visited me a few times while I was with you. Even though we fulfilled the contract for his gnosis, he still came to check on you and I. Well, he does owe me for how many times I've paid for his ass.
I wish you knew how much I cared for you. I've been watching for while, even before we bumped into each other. I had my suspicions, but I still couldn't take my eyes off of you. Your fair (s/c) skin, your glistening (h/c) locks, your breath taking (e/c) orbs, and your determination. You never gave up, but you did get frustrated easily. Lurking in the shadows behind you or from a distance, I was always keeping eyes on you. Whether it was my own or my agents. Yes, it is slightly creepy, but I will always get what I want. And I wanted you.
What really captivated me was the mask that lay upon your fragile head. I thought it was a fake at first, for it looked the same as mine. But after you stormed off leaving me with yours in my hand, I could feel that this indeed was a delusion. I tried searching for you, but of course as part of the Fatui, stealth is a major talent of yours. I thought I wouldn't find you until I finally laid my eyes upon you at the adventurers guild with him.

At the time, I didn't understand why I felt the way I did. My heart felt heavy, heavy with anger. I wanted to steal you away from him. From Aether and that fairy.

It was jealousy.

I finally arrived at the door that held you behind it. I l gently opened the door and stepped in. I felt an odd breeze. I looked up. My eyes widened in horror. Blood on the floor, chairs flipped over, the window open. Your belongings gone, all that remained was your blood drenched bandages on the floor.

I ran over to the bed where you last were. My jacket lay on the now neatly made bed.
My hand flew to my mouth, "No... No... (n/n)"

"She's gone. You were too late, Tartaglia."

My head shot up, there he stand.
I shot over to his side, grabbing him by his shirt's collar, "What the fuck did you do to her, Scaramouche?!"

His hat fell off of his head, his blue hair now blowing in the light breeze from the open window.
"What did I do? Why don't you ask her yourself. She heard everything after all." Scaramouche scoffed.

I threw him against the wall, "This is all your fucking fault, you bastard!"

He pushed himself up, "So you do have feelings for y/n? Just as I thought. You're sick in the head." He smirked.

I wanted to kill him. Right here, right now. This was all a set up, he planned this. And I never picked up on it.

I balled my fists up, "You set this up!"
I threw my hand through the window, shattering it.

"You fucking took her from me. She was injured, she was vulnerable!" I screamed.

He crossed his arms, "I did? You're the one who agreed to this anyways. I could see what you were trying to do. You've changed. You're getting weak." He laughed.

Me? Weak?

I was wasting time. I needed to get to you, before someone else does. I sucked up my pride and turned away from that bastard. I climbed up onto the windowsill. Turning back to him, "Rot in hell." I spat before throwing myself out of the window.

It was raining outside.
I landed on the ground with ease, slipping my jacket back on. It smelled like you. I felt my eyes tearing up. I fucking messed up. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I could feel you all around me, but only your scent remained.

I didn't feel like moving. I slowly slid down the wall and sobbed. I held me knees to my chest, slowly rocking myself. My comfort habit since I've been a kid. I haven't cried in years, why am I crying now. Why won't the tears stop?

"Come back... to me...." I begged through the tears, "I need you, girlie."

There was only one person I knew to go to.

I will find you, and I will make this right.

I will do anything to have you back beside me.

To hold you, to kiss you again.

To just see that smile I love oh so dearly.

Please forgive me, my love.
____________________________________
Chapter 16- End.

A/N~ I apologize if this isn't the best chapter~ but I promise I have a lot more in store. Thank you so so sooooo much for #1 on childexreader

I feel honored to have you reading and supporting this little story~ I love reading any comments I get, it makes my heart melt. I'll try my hardest to get one to two chapters out a day so that you can continue reading~
I have school in the morning so I'll end this here now. Please make sure you've had something to eat and are hydrated. Bye bye for now!

~Kendi <3