Chapter 35- The Beginning of the End.

The letter dropped out of my hand, fingers clutching my mouth. I was horrified. I felt like I could hurl.

So he lied to you...?

Will he truly betray you this time?
You would never, but how did he feel?
Would he say anything to get you killed? Or would he lie to her, to spare your life?

But yet,
Why else would there be an assassin after you?

What did he tell her?

This could all be a misunderstanding, yet you couldn't afford to have your life in danger once more.

There was only one valid answer.

Run.

Run as far as possible. In one direction or the other. Do you face her at the palace or evacuate from Snezhnaya?
Do you really want to leave him behind? After you gave your heart and body to him? To sever the trust the two of you had?

Yes. There was no option.
Who knows? Perhaps he already has severed it without you knowing.

You loved him, but it was time to leave him. For your own good as well as his. You've only put him in danger, as much as he's subjected you to danger.

You couldn't live life like this. Not under the constant fear of death, someone hunting you...

You just want to live freely.

With him.

"I'm sorry Ajax. I promised to stay, but I can't risk it this time." You muttered as you threw al of your belongings in your suitcase.

You didn't take off his jacket, you were keeping this as a final reminder of him. You aren't upset with him. You know he loved you, but he couldn't disobey her. If she wanted you dead, she would have your head.

You would let her have your head. You swore your loyalty.

But you weren't ready to die.

You threw your bag over your shoulder, tugging open the door. You exited, trying to make as little sound as possible. You decided against a goodbye letter. You slid outside the sleeping house, greeted by the starry sky above.

You faced the house once more, a single tear trickling from your eye.

"Please don't let this be the end." You whispered into the vast world of nothing.

Please don't let this be a mistake.

Please don't let this break his heart.

Please don't let this break your heart.

"I love you, forever and always." You whispered, clutching onto his jacket.

His words echoed through your head. The familiar feeling of torment has returned. You felt torn. What do you believe? How many more times will you need to ask yourself this? When will you finally get the true answers?

When will this all be over?

You trekked down the snowy mountains of Snezhnaya. Unaware of where you would end up, you wandered aimlessly.

Ignoring the one specific turn you've always taken.

Leading you to the palace.
___________________________________
Chapter 35- End.

Short one, but I'm running out of ideas on what to write to carry this story on. It hasn't turned out how I envisioned it, but that's okay. It's my first story and I will only improve!

I'm thankful for the support I have gotten for this story though <3 But seriously, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 5K READS AND 200 VOTES!  I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 😭