Chapter 22- I promise.

"Don't play with her like that." Childe growled at the unfazed Scaramouche below him.

Childe held out his hydro sword, pointing it centimeters away from Scaramouche's neck.
He titled his head ever so slightly, "Only I get to play with her like that."

You felt your face heat up, twinged now with a light shade of pink dusted on your cheeks.

Scaramouche's expression darkened, hate looming in his dead, indigo eyes, "Get off of me."

Childe pounded his boot onto the blue haired boy's chest, forcing an 'oof' out of his throat.

"One condition," Childe smirked haughtily, "You leave y/n alone, or your life will end right here, right now."

Scaramouche sighed in defeat, "Good luck explaining this to her." He smirked as Childe pulled his sword away from the nape of his neck. Scaramouche pulled himself up before turning back to you, "You're lucky he came to your rescue."

He grunted before casting himself away, disappearing out of sight.

Assuring Scaramouche was gone, Childe turned around to face you. He slowly reached his arms out, plastering that same goofy grin on his face that you loved so dearly.

You gave a light squeak before hoisting yourself off of the rough ground. Now running as fast as your exhausted body would allow you to, you out stretched out frail arms as well.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, holding on for dear life. He intertwined his arms around your waist and picked you up, twirling you around as he snuggled his head into the crook of your neck. You squealed out of pure joy as you dug your head into his chest. Here he was, holding you in the embrace you longed for so dearly.
He ruffled his gloved hands through your hair, taking you in fully. The two of you were starved of each other's touch.

"Y/N, I am so so sorry. This is unforgivable of me, I didn't mean any of this." He said he breathlessly sighed in relief.

You lifted your head from the crook of his neck, "Shhh," you placed your finger on his lips, "Don't talk, let us just stay like this a little longer."

He relaxed in your embrace, allowing himself to be held. His breathing steadied, but his grip never faltered. After a few moments, he pulled himself off of the hug.
He gently cupped your head in his hands, gazing into your (e/c) orbs. His gaze was filled with love, and pure joy. He lightly placed his forehead on yours, never taking his eyes off of yours.

"I will explain everything, girlie, I promise." He said before he gently but forcefully interlocked his lips with yours. You melted under his spell. His lips were soft, just as you remembered. You brought your hands up and positioned them, one behind his head and one on his shoulder.
This was the most passionate kiss the two of you have ever shared. You were in pure bliss, never wanting it to end.

You pulled out of the kiss, intertwining your fingers with his, "You don't need to explain anything. I know you didn't mean it, Childe."

A gentle smile crept onto his lips. He guided your hand to his lips, planting a light kiss on your knuckles.

"O-Oh." You stammered as you looked down at your lap. A light blush dusted your cheeks, stomach filled with butterflies.

He tilted his a head a little, "Is my Princess embarrassed?" He chuckled.

You gave a sheepish smile, "Yes... She is."

"Well then sweetheart, you better get used to it." Childe gave a cheeky wink.

You gave him a light smack on the shoulder, "Childeeeeee."

Childe giggled as he snaked his arms under you, picking you up bridal style. You looked up at him out of shock, "W-What are you doing?!" You covered your flushed face with your hands.

"Why, am I not allowed to carry you?" He flirt as you snuggled yourself deeper into his chest.

You turned your head, pouting.
"I don't mind." You admit, slight shame edging your voice.

"Hold still, girlie. I've got you now." He grinned down at you.

"O-okay. I trust you." You squeaked, wrapping your arms around his neck for support.

"Let's go home."
____________________________________
Chapter 22- End.