Chapter 13- Ajax.

I feel like I got hit by a truck. Everything hurts.

"It'a been days, you need to get some rest. You look miserable."

Who is that?

"I told you, I'm fine."

Come on eyes, open.

"Very well then. I'll be back again tomorrow."

Who is leaving?

I decide to try and force my eyes open. They opened only a little before I shut them due to the amount of light in the room.

I groaned.

"Y/N?" I heard a voice call.

I opened my eyes once more. I was able to keep them open. My eyes focused on the person in front of me. His perfect ginger hair was now in disarray, his ocean blue eyes were filled with worry. He was here, waiting for me.

"Childe..." I whimper.

I wanted to hug him so bad. But it hurt too bad to move. I weakly raised my arm to reach towards him.

A second later, I felt myself engulfed in his arms.
He didn't say a word, and neither did I.
I finally let the waterworks run loose. I sobbed as I clutched onto his jacket. I shoved my face into the crook of his neck. I never wanted to let go of him. I felt his gloved hand ruffle through my hair. He was trembling.

"I am so... s-so sorry, C-Childe." I apologized in between sobs.

He squeezed me tighter, "Shhh, don't speak girlie."

I relaxed in his embrace, and I allowed myself to close my eyes. My breathing steadied. The two of you stayed in each other's arms for what felt like forever.

You exhaled, "I... didnt realize what I was doing."

You felt Childe sigh, his breath tickled your neck.
He lightly removed himself from your arms, and stared deep into your (e/c) orbs.

"Y/N, you don't need to explain anything to me. Aether told me everything. You fought valiantly, and I'm impressed with your skills. But please, don't lose yourself like that again. I don't know what I would do if I lost you." He intertwined both of his hands with yours.

You felt like you were melting, "It won't happen again, I promise, Childe." You squeezed his hands.

He let go and held out his pinkie. He gave you a toothy grin, "You promise?"

There's the smile I love.

You dried your tears.

You chuckled and intertwined your pinkie with his.
"I promise."

Childe glanced back up at you before kissing the back of your hand, "Little lady, once you're all better, can I take you somewhere?"

Your (e/c) orbs sparkled with excitement, "I'll go anywhere with you!"

You realized what you said, "Uhm- I- I mean...if you'll allow me."