Chapter 15- Betrayal.

Muffled voices outside the doorway woke you up. Ajax was no longer next to you. You reached your hand over to where he once lie, it was still warm. He hasn't been gone long.
You slowly sit up and push yourself out of the bed. Everything hurt, and you already couldn't walk from how hard he handled you just hours before. You slowly staggered your way to the door, placing your ear against the door to listen.
The voices were gone, they must have walked away. You yanked open the door, looking both ways just in case anyone was out there. You heard the voices further down the hall to the right. You still couldn't make out what they were saying. You followed the voices, limping. As you worked your way down the hall, you supported your body up by holding onto the wall. You didn't even know who you were following, but your gut just told you to. As you slowly approached the group of voices, you were able to detect that there were three—No, two people.

They sounded familiar. You heard no footsteps.

They must have come to a stop.

You pushed yourself forward until you finally were hiding behind the corner they we standing in front of. Before you peeking your head out, you listened in.

"How much longer until you finally get rid of her?" You heard a rough voice.

"Not long, I promise. Trust me, I can't stand her as much as you do."

Your eyes widened, that voice sounded just like Childe's. It couldn't be, he wouldn't say something like that about you. You peeked around the corner, low and behold, there he stands.
Your stomach dropped, it's him alright.

"How much more time do I need to give you? For Christ's sake, Tartaglia. Don't fucking tell me you have feelings for y/n?!" A shorter boy with a hat yelled.

You recognize that huge hat anywhere.

Scaramouche.

Childe crossed his arms, "You think I'd ever like someone as useless as her? All she is is a burden. If she wasn't part of this plan, I would have killed her long ago."

You couldn't bare to listen anymore. You felt like you were going to be sick. You quickly turned back around and hurried to your room. You needed to get as far away as possible from here. From him.

Staggering through the halls, you tripped over a bump in the carpet. You landed with a thud, followed by an overwhelming sensation of pain. You glance down to your stomach. You opened the wound once more, and this time it was bad. You quickly pushed yourself up weakly and continued towards your room. As soon as you can in contact with the door, you pushed it open and locked it behind you. You limped over to your clothes, tearing Childe's jacket off of your body and onto the floor. You were repulsed by his betrayal. You can't believe you fell for his whole act. You even had sex with him. You just felt like crying. You thought he cared about you, but all he did was whisper sweet nothings into your brain. You never should have let your guard down.
Ripping the bloody dressing off of your open wound, you fell backwards onto a hospital chair. The pain knocked the wind out of you. You wanted to just pass out at this point and wake up for this to just be a nightmare. The oxygen surrounding you felt like it was thickening, you began to gasp for breath.

With your stomach wound wide open, bloody bandage in hand. Childe's jacket next to you. Your lips began to tremble, liquid enveloping your eyes.
Your tears began pouring out as you choked for air. You felt like your heart was suffocating you, attempting to kill you.

Why!

Why me?

You begged for an answer, pounding your fists against your thighs. You continued to sob and grieve over your betrayal. You thought you trust him. You're his comrade, his partner in crime.
All of the kisses.
All of the teasing.
All of the names.
His 'I love you.'

It was all a facade, and you waltzed right into it.
But her highness arranged for you to be together, why would she set you up for betrayal?

You needed to get away from him. You didn't care about your wounds. Let yourself bleed out for all you care. You picked up your clothes and slipped them over your bandages. You wrapped your stomach up, but it wasn't as good as Ajax had it. You grabbed your belongings and opened the window to your room. You staggered over to the door and unlocked it before heading back to the window.
You climbed up on the ledge and jumped. You pulled out your paraglider and off you went. You won't let him get close to you ever again.

Back to square one, being alone.
____________________________________
Chapter 15- End

(Sorry that this one is shorter.)