chapter thirteen.

Brutal — Olivia Rodrigo

CYNTHIA SPENDING A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES with her closest friends was probably the best way she could have possibly spent her time. Her hand was intertwined with Hawk's as the boy threw popcorn into the crowd. Aisha was next to her, and beside Aisha was Miguel.

"Hey, what's wrong?" The girl asked, making the Sari girl turn her attention away from the movie and towards the conversation.

"I can't stop thinking about what Sensei told me about Sam's dad." Miguel replied with a sigh, Cyn feeling her boyfriend keep moving next to her.

"Leave that girl alone." Cynthia nudged him slightly, making the boy frown. "It's all fun and games until you hit the wrong person."

"I'm not going to hit anyone, don't worry about it, babe." Hawk smiled, pressing a kiss against the girls cheek before picking up another piece of popcorn. "See? Look."

He threw the piece and it landed in the girls bucket, both teens quickly looking away, accidentally landing back into Miguel and Aisha's conversation.

"Sam's dad hates Cobra Kai, i'm part of Cobra Kai. So, by the transitive property, Sam's dad is gonna hate me." The Diaz boy said fearfully.

"Jesus Christ, you're such a nerd." Hawk cut in, rolling his eyes slightly.

"If it makes you feel better, I hate them both." Cyn smiled spitefully, making her best friend sigh.

"I'm telling you guys, it's not just in my mind. Sam was acting weird the other day when her dad walked by." Miguel told them, the boy frowning as he looked away from them.

"It's obviously not personal, Sam just has no clue how to form any valid opinion on someone without the input of someone else. In this case, it's her dad." The Sari girl shrugged. "She's scared he won't like you so she's acting weird, it's literally not a big deal, this isn't Romeo and Juliet."

"I've known Mr. LaRusso since third grade. He's a really nice guy. You just have to talk to him." Aisha suggested.

Cyn thought of talking about how he wasn't such a nice guy, being that he ruined her life and all but, she decided it wasn't the time.

"I haven't even been invited over yet. She's probably too afraid to introduce me." The Diaz boy replied solemnly.

"Dude, just go over there. It's an alpha move." Hawk advised, shrugging his shoulders as he threw a piece of popcorn.

"You are so not an alpha." Cynthia rolled her eyes playfully, nudging her boyfriend. "We both know that."

Before he could respond, a voice cut in loudly.

"Who the hell did that?" A man asked, standing up in his seat as he looked around, Hawk positioning himself toward the screen as he held the Sari girls hand tighter.