chapter thirty three.

Walls could talk — Halsey

CYNTHIA HAD SPENT ALMOST EVERY MINUTE with Miguel since he got home but, she decided to leave him alone while he did his physical therapy. She knew he was still embarrassed about his legs, and didn't want to push him in any way. Cyn knew that the time would come where he felt better about it.

So for now, she was cleaning her area in the apartment for the first time in months.

A full trash bag later, she was taking the whole thing to the dumpster.

"Cynthia?" A familiar voice spoke behind her, the girls eyes widening.

"Theo? What the hell are you doing here?" Cyn dropped the trash bag to the ground and within seconds, pulled her friend into a bear hug. "Where have you been?"

"After I got out of the hospital... I was looking for my aunt so I could stay with her and she uh." Theo rubbed the back of her neck. "She's not really in the best place right now so, Johnny's letting me stay with him."

"Johnny? As in Johnny Lawrence?" Cynthia's jaw dropped slightly. "Our sensei Johnny?"

"That's the one." The Antonetti boy nodded his head. "Shannon called him, and he agreed to let me stay, I think he thinks Robby will like him more because of it? I'm not sure why he agreed."

"This is crazy." Cyn shook her head lightly. "So you know what happened to Robby then."

"Yeah..." Theo trailed off. "He ended up exactly where I didn't want him to go."

"I'm sorry—"

"Hey, guys." Johnny clapped his hands together, looking pretty psyched for some reason. "I see you've reconnected. You want to help me whip Diaz in shape? I've got a few plans."

Theo and Cynthia exchanged knowing glances, both of them realizing things were about to get interesting.

CYNTHIA ROLLED HER EYES AT JOHNNY'S idea of waving a porno mag in Miguel's face to get him walking. Like the total guy he is, Theo agreed that would help too so, she was left leaning on the guardrail somehow looped into the plan. They watched as the Diaz boy talked to his therapist, and as Johnny threw down the fishing hook connected to the magazine.

The gross, dirty, magazine.

"What's this?" Miguel looked upward toward the trio completely confused. "Theo? What are you doing here?"

"Long story." The Antonetti boy responded with a shrug.

"This is a collection of the tastiest babes of 1988. Not gonna get to see em' unless you grab it." Johnny said in a completely unconvincing, and even creepy voice.