chapter forty seven.

Just the way you are — Bruno Mars

  SILVER HAD GIVEN CYNTHIA A DAY OFF PRACTICE with one exception. She had to go shopping for everything along with her mother. He said it would be some type of bonding experience, and to be quite honest, Cyn wasn't very interested in bonding but, she was happy to get out of class and run up Silvers credit card.

"You know, I never went to prom. My date was pregaming and he ended up throwing all over my dress and the limo." Penelope spoke, trying to ease the tense air in the dressing room, they couldn't see each other while Cyn was behind the door but, it was odd not to talk. "At least you are going with an actual boyfriend, he'll be more careful than that. What is his name again...?"

Cynthia looked in the mirror in awe as she seen the third dress she had tried on. She never considered herself a girly girl but, she felt absolutely beautiful in her dress. It was a pale green to offset her eyes, with straps that hung down her shoulders, a slit on the left side, and subtle hints of glitter.

She couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful.

"His name is Miguel." The Sari girl exited the dressing room and turned around. "Zip me up."

Shocked by the vulnerability of asking her to help, Penelope scrambled to her feet, maybe faster than she should have. She gladly obliged and zipped the back of the girls dress up, both of them looking at her in the mirror.

"You're beautiful, Cynthia." Penelope concluded with a smile.

"Thank you." As much as the Sari girl hated her mother, validation from the woman felt better than she cared to admit.

"Of course, you're boyfriend is gonna drop dead when he sees you." The Silver woman wanted to kiss her daughter on the forehead but, stepped back knowing they weren't back to that level yet.

"Miguel acts like he's going to drop dead every time he sees me." Cynthia smiled, her heart racing. This would be her first big event with Miguel, and as close as they were, he still made her nervous at times. "He really, really loves me."

Especially since they started dating.

"I'm happy you're happy." Penelope answered with a grin.

Cynthia closed her eyes and savored this loving moment but, when she did, she remembered everything her mother had done, and her smile faded.

"I'm going to change." She walked off back into the dressing room with a sigh.

... but she was going to get that damn dress.

SINCE IT WAS A SPECIAL OCCASION AND CYNTHIA was not taking no for an answer, Penelope allowed her to go to Daniel Larusso's house so the friend group could meet up together for prom. She chucked up her mothers acceptance of this to their little moment in the store, and as long as she got to see Bianca and her dad, she didn't mind.