chapter thirty seven.

Self sabotage — Maggie Lindemann

CYNTHIA YAWNED AND STRETCHED HER ARMS OUT as she woke up from the nap she had taken. It was already late, and she was surprised to see her father wasn't on his usual place on the floor. She furrowed her brows, and got up, walking towards Bianca's room.

"Hey, auntie B. Where's da—" her jaw hung low as she seen her aunt cuddled up in bed with her sensei. "Didn't you guys like... break up or something?"

"Shit, Cyn." Bianca quickly pulled the blanket over them both, hoping her niece didn't see something she didn't want to see. "You were supposed to be asleep."

"I was gonna sneak out later." Johnny admitted, lightly shrugging his shoulders. "But now that you're here, I guess it's as good a time as any to tell you."

"We're... a thing." The elder Sari woman spoke, scratching her head. She didn't know what else to call it, they were sleeping together, and liked each other but, nothing was official or written in stone.

"Yeah, a thing." Johnny nodded awkwardly, pointing towards his student. "Mind throwing me my pants, before this gets any more awkward."

"Honestly, I don't think it could." Cynthia spoke with closed eyes, bending down to grab onto the mans jeans. "Next time, put a sock on the door, 'kay?"

She picked them up and threw them onto the bed before awkwardly leaving the room.

"Thanks, Mouth!" The blonde man called out after her, the girl knowing this was going to take a lot of getting used to.

... but, Miguel was going to love hearing about this.

SAM INVITED CYN, MIGUEL, AND THEO TO come to Miyagi-do to hang out, and, the group of four did some stretches together lazily. Of course, Cynthia was over practicing karate but, all the things that surrounded it still soothed her. It kept her calm in the busy, crazy world she was living in.

"I gotta tell you something." The boyfriend and girlfriend pair said at the same time, both quietly so that the pair across the room couldn't hear them.

"No way." Cynthia spoke as the Diaz boy pulled her forward gently by her arms. "What do you have to tell me? My news is pretty crazy."

"No, no, I think mine is." Miguel smiled awkwardly before nodding his head towards the girl. "You go first."

"Last night, I go looking for my dad, and instead, I find Bianca and Sensei in bed together! Like, c'mon, they could have locked the door, y'know?" Cyn scoffed lightly as she bent forward to touch her toes.