chapter thirty one.

Lucky — Jason Mraz

Lucky — Jason Mraz

CYNTHIA WAS SHAKEN UP BY THE REVELATION that Theo and Robby were cousins. She had really been contemplating talking to the Keene boy, especially since what he had done to Miguel. Then, there was the Diaz boy, who she had been dreading visiting ever since she found out.

Not because she didn't want to see him, but because she felt like she was betraying him in a way.

"Hey." The Sari girl spoke with an awkward smile, slowly walking into the room.

Miguel's face lit up automatically as his head turned towards her.

"I didn't except to see you today." The Diaz boy commented, pushing himself up with his arms.

"I know I didn't come yesterday, i'm sorry." Cynthia frowned as she made her way over, planting herself next to the boy.

The whole Robby and Theo thing, plus finding out that Miguel was paralyzed in his legs was stressful, and she had been staying in bed contemplating everything since she got home from the hospital that day.

"Don't worry about it." The Diaz boy reached forward to take her hand, noting that she was obviously out of sorts. "You're here now, right? Plus, I got a lot of visitors yesterday."

Cynthia felt her heart sink into her stomach as their fingers interlocked, her eyes floating to his table to avoid eye contact. Her eyes got caught on a card on the table, one that said "you octopi my thoughts.". She bit her inner cheek as she read it, realizing who it was from.

"So, uh, Sam finally came to visit?" The Sari girl smiled lightly, using her free hand to push her hair behind her shoulders.

"Oh, yeah, she did. I guess she just wanted to see if I was okay. She told me that you two are getting along." Miguel spoke, embarrassed as his hands went clammy.

"I wouldn't say getting along, I was really trying but she hasn't talked to me much." Cynthia laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. "I know it's really stupid but I haven't had anyone there for me lately, and i'm just super tired of being angry, I figured maybe making up with her would help."

"Just give it time, okay? You guys have a lot of history. I'm sure things will fix themselves eventually." The Diaz boy smiled awkwardly, hoping that his advice was helpful.

"You always know the right thing to say, Miggy." The Sari girl felt her face warm up as she smiled at the boy. "Enough about me, any updates on... all this?"

She gestured around the room, just wanting him to be okay and out of the hospital.

"Some doctor is supposed to come out of state for a surgery, I don't want to get too happy about it though." Miguel lightly shrugged his shoulder, a frown on his face.