chapter twenty eight.

Title track — Machine Gun Kelly

  FOR CYNTHIA SARI, THE FIRST DAY BACK AT SCHOOL meant death. She hated school when she was popular, she hated it being an outcast, and as she started to get ready for her day, she knew she'd hate this year more than anything. From her fight with Miguel to Theo kissing her at Moon's party, the girls mind was absolutely scrambled.

She felt like she was living in the Twilight zone.

"Everything okay in there? Your father has to pee!" Bianca yelled, banging loudly on the door.

If Cynthia was honest, she wanted to keep herself locked in the bathroom until the whole school year was over.

"I'm fine, just getting ready." The Sari girl responded, letting a sigh out as she looked at herself into the mirror.

"Well, finish, now. I have to drive you and i'm not going to sit down until I do cause i'll get lazy." Bianca explained before you could hear her footsteps walking off on the wooden floor.

"Fine, fine." Cynthia mumbled to herself, unlocking and swinging the door open.

Her father running into the bathroom right after.

"Ready?" Bianca was already by the door, her purse and sunglasses on, and keys in her hand.

"As ready as i'll ever be."

  CYNTHIA THREW HER PHONE INTO HER LAP AS they pulled up to the school. No matter how many texts she sent, Tory wasn't replying, when she usually did and it worried her. She hoped that maybe the blonde was stressed about the first day of school, but she doubted it.

She couldn't even bare to think the girl had been hurt, or arrested.

"I know you don't want to, but you gotta go inside, Cyn." Bianca spoke, parking her car down by the drop-off sidewalk.

"Yeah." The Sari girl blew her hair out of her face as she opened the door. "I'll text you when I get out."

"Okay." The older woman waved as her niece walked away from the car, still wary about what had happened when the girl came from the party.

Cynthia walked toward the front doors on her first day completely alone. A couple months ago, she would have walked in with her friends, best friend, and boyfriend but now? She kinda felt like she had nobody.

All over again.

The Sari girl pushed the front door open, and scattered throughout the main hallway she seen all the people she cared about. Miguel with Aisha at their lockers, Hawk with his gang of fellow Cobra Kais, even Theo settling in for his first day at her school. Yet, none of them would even dare look at her besides Aisha,

Why would they?

"Hey, girl!" The Robinson girl waved and finished her conversation with Miguel to walk over to her. "Ready for today?"