chapter thirty six.

Do re mi — blackbear

CYNTHIA WALKED HAND IN HAND WITH Miguel as they made their way down the hallway. All of Cobra Kai gave them the stank eye as they passed by, the pair being too distracted to notice Sam was heading right for them. A couple seconds later, they all bumped into each other, creating one of the awkwardest moments in history.

"Uh, hi, Sam." The Sari girl was the first to speak as Sam stared at the pairs interlocked hand.

Cyn expected Miguel to let go but, instead he held onto her tighter.

"Hey, guys. I—uh.. i'm sorry I didn't see you. I'm just gonna... go let you get back to your friends." She awkwardly motioned her head towards the group of Cobra Kai's not too far away.

"They aren't our friends, not anymore." Miguel informed the girl, with a solemn smile. "But uh, we were just heading to study hall so..."

"I was actually just going the same way, do you guts mind if I join?" Sam asked, starting to wear some form of smile, Cynthia couldn't quite read it.

The pair looked at each other, almost scared at the eventual awkwardness to come, and like they had just had a silent conversation, they came to an agreement.

"Yeah, sure. The more the merrier, we are trying to make up for the friends we lost anyways." Cynthia joked, the trio laughing.

"Sup, guys?" Leo approached the group with a smile, and a freshly bruised eye from eagle fang training. "Its my first day back, and I am so ready."

"You're Leo, right?" Sam questioned with a smile. "I'm S—.."

"Sam, I know." The Antonetti boy nodded with a smile as he grabbed the straps of his bag. "I'm heading to study hall, what about you guys."

"You're in for a treat, so are we." Cynthia pulled Miguel in the opposite direction, their two friends following behind. "Am I the only one who feels like we are in some different universe? I mean, I can't even remember the last time Sam and I were—"

"Friends? Like a year." The Larusso girl laughed as they all turned to the corner, the group coming to a stop as they heard kissing in one of the side hallways. "Yasmine?"

Right there in front of them, was Demetri and Yasmine making out, like they had been together for years.

"Yeah, we are for sure in a different universe."

CYNTHIA RAN HER HANDS THROUGH MIGUEL'S HAIR as he explained what was wrong to her. Apparently, the All-Valley had been cancelled, and, if it weren't for him being so upset about it, she would have just said good riddance to the whole event. She was still stuck in the mindset that karate ruined the valley.

... and he would be the only one to change her mind even slightly.

"... and then sensei says, maybe it's a good thing because I wouldn't be competing anyways." The boy scoffed as he moved around his hands in frustration. "I've been getting so much better, why wouldn't I compete?"