chapter nineteen.

Jealous — Nick Jonas

  CYNTHIA COULD TELL THAT HER SENSEI WAS STRUGGLING with something as he mumbled profanities in his office. She did her best to ignore it for awhile, scrubbing the dirty mats that she was used to training on but, after hearing the phrase what's wifi, she decided the man was a lost cause. How could he not at the least know what wifi was?

She had no clue.

The girl set down the sponge in her hands, wiping her hands off on her overalls before scrambling up to her feet. She was grateful the man had been so understanding about her financial problems that she decided she would help him however she could. Apparently, computer work would be the next thing on her list.

"Sensei, how can you not know what wifi is?" The girl questioned, tilting her head to the side as she made her way into the office. "I assumed when you didn't have one here, you just couldn't afford it."

"Can't buy something when you don't know how to use it." The man explained with a shrug.

"Yet you bought a computer and didn't know you need wifi to go on the internet." There was a few moments of silence and when the girl noticed a glare on her sensei's face she walked over to his desk. "Whatever, it's fine. We can bum the wifi from the convenient store, it's what I do."

"Hm, good idea." The man noted, nodding his head slightly. "Thanks for helping, kid."

"Anything to be out of the house." Cynthia took the mans computer and sat on the guest chair across from him, sitting the laptop...well, on her lap. "My dad keeps calling aunt Bianca, wants to make sure I look presentable when I meet his 25 year old fiance's parents. What the hell does that even mean?"

"Listen, kid. You can't keep letting life get you down. When my mom got married to my stepdad, I hated it, and I still do even when she's gone but, I let it affect me too much." Johnny explained with a sigh. "and I wish I hadn't, because look at me now."

"I'd say you are doing better than you were a few months ago." Cynthia typed in the wifi password for the store, resting her hands on the keyboard. "You have a business, something to live for, and you are less of a jackass."

"Which I could have done before if I wasn't so angry at everyone all the time." The Lawrence man had a point, but, he felt like this conversation was diving deeper than he would have liked so early in the morning. "Did you fix it?"

"Ah, yes. Here are the keys to the world wide web, Sensei. Use them wisely." The Sari girl handed over the laptop with a smile. "Thanks again."

Maybe Johnny Lawrence wasn't as bad as the girl originally assumed.

  A DAY ON THE BEACH WITH HER CLOSEST FRIENDS was just what the doctor ordered for Cynthia. Sure, she was tired from having worked at the dojo all morning for the past few days but, she was just happy to be around friends. It was good to just have positivity around her, especially at a time like this.