chapter fifteen.

The Final Countdown — Europe

TODAY WAS FINALLY THE DAY COBRA KAI HAD BEEN WAITING FOR. After training for countless hours, giving their lives to karate, and doing whatever they could to get better, the time was here. They were finally gonna get the glory they deserved, the glory they desperately all needed.

Cynthia felt her hands shaking as she took in the appearances of the competition. Maybe she wasn't good as she thought she was, maybe they were better, better than her and all her friends. Those thoughts ran mindlessly through her brain as she felt her hand get taken into her boyfriends.

"You okay?" He whispered lowly, the girl nodding as he tried to put on a fake smile. He didn't exactly buy that but, he knew that Miguel was worse off, punching the air with no purpose, rhyme, or reason. "Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament."

The comment went completely unnoticed, or better yet, ignored as Miguel continued.

"Don't worry about it, he's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Aisha reminded the blue haired boy who simply nodded his head in response.

"He's probably even angrier she isn't at least coming, they've been planning it for awhile now." Cynthia added on, noticing that her foot was tapping on the ground rapidly. "Has anyone seen Sensei?"

"No, the tournaments gonna start soon though, he should be here." Hawk answered, nervously biting the inside of his cheek.

"He will be." Aisha tried her best to save the sinking ship that was her friends yet, her efforts seemed to go in vein as the conversation continued.

"I don't know about that." A boy from the dojo spoke up, the one that had been kicked by Hawk before. Cyn felt bad for not knowing his name but, they weren't exactly friends. "I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling. He was really drunk, and he peed all over his car."

"Shit, I didn't know it was that bad, Bianca told me to ignore his yelling last night." Cynthia sighed, running a guilty hand over her face. "This is a fucking mess."

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha angrily asked the shorter boy, her intimidating nature making him step back slightly.

"I don't know. I guess i'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big of a deal." The boy responded, lightly shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal." Hawk replied angrily, the Sari girl feeling his grip tighten onto her hand.