chapter thirty.

Abdcfu — Gayle

Abdcfu — Gayle

WHEN CYNTHIA GOT THE NEWS THAT MIGUEL had woken up, nothing in the world made her as happy as she was, ever. As soon as she got home from school, she bought him flowers, a bear, a card (a get better one, and a sorry one) before packing it all up to go see him. She even thought about buying him a slushie to go with it all.

Then she figured it would melt on her way there.

"Off I go." The girl mumbled to herself, hoping to hitch a ride there with Carmen who was back home for a few minutes to get lunch.

She swung the door open, and was met with one of the last people she wanted to see in that moment.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cyn raised a slight brow as she looked at the boy across from her with a blank stare.

"I came to talk to you about karate." Hawk leaned on the door, his confidence quite obviously through the roof. "Sensei Kreese wants you back in the dojo."

"Tell that wrinkly raisin old man to shove a bo staff up his ass, and while we're at it, you do it too." Cynthia rolled her eyes and exited her home, shoving the boy out of the way so she could lock the door behind her.

"Are you mad at me?" The Moskowitz boy questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"I genuinely hope that wasn't a serious question." The Sari girl scoffed, lightly rolling her eyes.

"What do you have to be mad about? I didn't do anything to you." Hawk threw his hands in the air, making his ex girlfriend inhale a deep breath and exhale slowly.

"I don't know if all the hairspray you use has made you stupid, or what but, i'm over dealing with you. You put my friend in a hospital over a misunderstanding and didn't even apologize." Cynthia ran a hand over her face, shaking her head. "Don't come to my house, don't call, don't text me. Just pretend I don't exist. That's what i'm going to do with you."

There was a silence, making the Sari girl think he was finished as she walked away. Hawk reached forward and grabbed her arm as she did, making her jerk it away and set the things she got Miguel down, now completely angry. He didn't just get to do that, not then or ever.

"Just come back to the dojo." The Moskowitz boy said with a frustrated sigh.

"That dojo isn't the one I joined, just like you aren't the guy I used to love." Cynthia's voice started to crack, but she knew she wouldn't let herself cry. "Just go."

"Used to?" Hawk practically froze in place by her words, he assumed that one day they would get over all the petty things that had happened between them and get back together.

In that moment, he was seemingly wrong.

"Yeah, used to." Cynthia nodded her head before she picked up her things, putting on a fake smile as Carmen left her apartment. "Hey, I got all my stuff by the time you came out like you said."