chapter 5 ~ 'the fire in his eyes'

I just stare at him, wide-eyed, and it's not just me that's staring at him: it's everyone.

I can't tell whether they're scared or intrigued... let's go with absolutely fucking petrified.

"You can stop staring now, love." He grins.

"I wasn't staring."

"Yeah, for sure." He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm just... surprised. That's all."

"I surprise a lot of people..."

"What? With your manly charms?" I laugh sarcastically.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Everyone's already eyeing me up." He looks around at the other students sitting at their tables, who quickly look the other way once he makes eye contact with them.

I laugh. "They look absolutely terrified of you."

"And you aren't?" A confused expression on his face.

"Should I be?"

He scoffs and rolls his eyes as he turns to face the front of the hall to listen to what Dumbledore is saying.

"Please treat everyone with kindness no matter-"

"WHO YOUR FATHER IS!" I hear Enzo shout out, finishing Professor Dumbledore's sentence.

Everyone bursts out in laughter and I realise Mattheo is quite obviously pissed off.

"SILENCE!" The old elf finally exclaims. "You are all dismissed, please proceed to your lessons."

I watch as Mattheo stands up with a huff and instead of walking towards the exit, he approaches Enzo, gripping his tie and glaring at him straight in the eyes.

"Nice joke, Lorenzo. Now why don't you say that to Voldemort himself." Mattheo says through gritted teeth.

"No thanks." Enzo laughs nervously.

"That's what I thought." Mattheo says, as he aggressively pushes him away and heads for the exit, grabbing my wrist and dragging me with him.

"What are you doing!?" I ask once we're out of the Great Hall.

He sighs and looks down at me, "I don't know where Potions is."

Shocked at his response, I try my best to suppress a giggle as I nod and continue walking.

"You're lucky I have Potions too."

He smirks and follows me to class.

"Can I ask you something?" I say, looking up at him as we walking through the corridors.

"No."

"Why are you here?"

"And she continues to ask anyway." He shakes his hands, pretending to be shocked.

"You're annoying."

"You're annoying." He replies.

I huff and ask him once again, "What made you come to Hogwarts?"

"Does it matter?"

"God, you're so difficult." I groan.

"God you're so difficult!" He mimicks me, clearly trying his best to piss me the fuck off.

"You can find Potions yourself. Goodbye, Mattheo." And with that, he stops in his tracks and I just sprint away, leaving him in the hallway.

Luckily, I get to class on time and sit down in my usual seat when I realise who sits next me. Draco fucking Malfoy.

Fortunately for me and the rest of this boring class, he isn't here yet. I can't deal with him and his nonsense bickering.