chapter 28 ~ 'how to kill the dark lord'

The doors swing open and in enters Voldemort and Bellatrix. Everyone grows tense as the Dark Lord takes a seat at the head of the table.

"Well, well, well." He says evilly, looking at all the death eaters before him, specifically me. "I'm glad you all made it."

There's a moment of silence before he continues to speak.

"Y/n."

"Yes, my Lord?" I respond, my voice shaky.

"I hope you have something interesting to tell me about our little friend, Harry Potter." He says his name with much disgust.

Shit, I forgot to think of something! Um...

"Yes." I clear my throat and Mattheo and Enzo give me a worried glance. "Tonight I am to kill his best friends, Hermoine Granger and Ronald Weasley."

Mattheo, Enzo, Theo and Draco turn wide eyed.

"Fantastic! Make it a painful death Esmeray, and make sure Potter watches." He laughs evilly. "And you, my son."

Mattheo looks up at his father, his eyes full of fear.

"I'm sure you have been staying away from Miss Esmeray. You remember our deal?"

"Yes my Lord." Mattheo responds.

It's sad that even he has to address him as Lord, not father.

"Nott, is this true?" Voldemort asks Theo, who is sitting beside me.

"It is true my Lord." Theo says with a gulp.

"Come here girl." Voldemort orders and so I slowly get up from my seat and walk towards him.

He looks at me with disgust and presses his fingers on either side of my head. I feel the exact same pain when Mattheo used legilimency on me, only it's worse.

I scream in agony but I remember what we practiced and block any feelings or thoughts, and show him what he wants to see: me and Mattheo separated.

He releases me and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Very well. You haven't deceived me. Sit down." He tells me, and I let out a sigh of relief. "Actually, I have another idea."

I remain standing and my heart starts to beat faster. Oh Merlin, what does he want now?

"Son, stand up."

Mattheo stands up from his seat, and places his hands in his pockets, trying to look as calm and collected as possible.

"My death eaters seem quite bored and we'd love to see a fight take place, they're always so much fun." He suggests, with a psychotic look on his face. "What better opponents than my son Mattheo Riddle versus Miss y/n Esmeray?"

Oh shit. This can't be happening.

"A magic duel?" Mattheo asks.

"No, a brutal good old hand to hand fight. Fun, don't you think?" He laughs.

"I think it's an excellent idea my Lord!" Bellatrix cackles.

"Right, everyone out into the garden. Narcissa! Bring our tea outside." He demands and everyone proceeds to make their way outside.

Me and Mattheo wait back as everyone leaves.

"I don't want to do this." I tell him, my eyes watering.

"Neither do I. But we're going to have to. Just let me know when you can't go on." He tells me.

"And you let me know if you can't go on." I chuckle, my voice shaking as a tear rolls down my cheek.