chapter 11 ~ 'bed and breakfast'

I freeze, looking at the scene before me. A tall woman with long, messy, black hair licks her thin lips, looking rather disheveled and grotesque.

Bellatrix Lestrange. Everyone knew who she was. I remember seeing her face printed on the Daily Prophet for being sent to Azkaban. I guess she's out now.

I watch as she holds Aunt Jenna by the neck, choking her as she struggles to breathe.

"JENNA!" I exclaim, trying to run towards them as I pull my wand out.

"Wait, she's dangerous." Mattheo stops me and holds his wand at the ready.

"I don't care." I say sternly and wave my wand to send the wretched witch flying backwards.

Aunt Jenna, free from the witch's hold, pulls her wand out and rushes to us.

I see the panic on her face as Bellatrix lets out a loud, ear piercing laugh.

"It's the cackling lady." I realise, looking at Mattheo wide eyed.

"Well, well, well. I see Mr Mattheo here has found himself a girlfriend." She mocks. "You're father won't be pleased."

"Do whatever you want with me but don't you dare touch them." Mattheo shouts.

I look up at him with worry on my face.

"I'm not just here for you Riddle..." she approaches us slowly and we take a step back, gripping onto our wands harder. "Give me the girl."

"What?" I gasp, confused as ever.

"It's y/n? Right?" She asks and I can hear the evil clearly in her voice. "Don't worry darling, you haven't done anything wrong. It's more about what your parents did."

She laughs and I look at Jenna but she keeps a straight face, glaring at Lestrange.

Before I can say anything, Mattheo grabs onto both mine and Jenna's hands and apparates us as I watch Bellatrix's evil face dissappear as we transport.

In a flash, we arrive at a dark alleyway. I don't know where but it's creepy.

I run my hands through my hair and tremble in fear but mostly confusion.

"What did my parents do? W-what does that mean?" I direct my question mostly to Aunt Jenna.

"I-I don't know. Y/n, I never was really close with your parents and all I heard was that they died in a house fire... but I'm thinking there's more to it now." She says with panic in her voice.

"That's for sure. Mattheo, do you know anything about it?" I ask.

"Can we talk about it later? We've got to go." He replies, avoiding my question.

"Y/n honey, I've got to go." Jenna holds onto my arm.

"What? Go where?"

"There's some people I need to meet. They need to know about what happened."

"The ministry?" Mattheo asks, glaring at my aunt.

"Something like that." She replies. "Y/n, promise me you'll be safe. I can't take you with me, you're safer with him."

I don't say anything and just give her a tight hug before leaving Aunt Jenna in the alleyway as me and Mattheo proceed to scurry around the streets of London.

It's already dark outside and it's starting to rain. Typical British weather. I shiver in the cold and Mattheo looks at me, his hair soaking wet from the downpour.

"I'm freezing. Give me your jacket." He demands.

"What a gentleman." I roll my eyes and take my jacket off. "We can share."